Sign in to follow this  
Amigo

David Schwarz at Money20/20

Getting 20 minutes into this thing... this lady has absolutely no idea what she's talking about.  She's talking to a room filled with people that presumably know a significant amount about cryptos, talking about how the only way to fund a BTC wallet is from a BTC ATM at a gas station :lol:.  And then to compare mining fees from BTC to XRP... I just can't lol

There is no disputing what he said on stage that's for sure.  His points were very concise and definitely not vague.  That being said he really could have done a better job separating Ripple/ILP/XRP from BTC and POW.  Also, keeping the audience in mind he could have easily gone on the offensive explaining current SWIFT error rates and the very positive results Ripple clients have seen using XCurrent and XRapid.  When she was discussing BS lipstick "innovations" at the end he could have easily countered with how none of that does anything to improve settlement times.  Overall I thought he did a good job though.  

Edited by aavkk

Why did they have David  debating Paula Dean on payments and blockchain?  She is living in a pre-Civil War banking universe with utterly no rudimentary understanding of the payments/blockchain space as it stands today. 

Actually this is an insult to Paula Dean, excuse me.  This woman won't last long in this space. Before long she'll open an Airbnb with Laura Shin and Nate Popper and be making biscuits and gravy for her guests, what she was meant to do.  People without ideas are impoverished. She is abhorrent.

I enjoyed David's words thoroughly.  Thanks for posting this.  To me it's a turning point in this whole thing- the old stale Western Union excuses v. the current reality in Asia, Europe, Africa, South America. 

Paula Dean is no payments thought leader.  She is, however, excellent at biscuits 'n gravy.  #Letsknowwhomtotrust

1 hour ago, panmores said:

One can only wonder where Ripple would be without David.

In Deep Waters and not on the Surface :pardon:

8 hours ago, BurtMacklin said:

She's talking to a room filled with people that presumably know a significant amount about cryptos

I'm not so sure, it surprised me the amount of applause she (or maybe it was just for all of them) got towards the end.

It's easy to just look at all the crypto fans comments & hear the positives we want to. Yes from our viewpoint & knowledge she was weak but the audience didn't seem to think so & I agree the big man did go very easy on her & yes his points were concise & accurate. Think he could & should of demolished more of the points she made though as many of the ones he was going to work back through never got addressed. So much more civilised than some BTC vc BCC rant childish argument though. The legend of Katz ?

This is getting so stupid: Marcus Treacher is demonstrating 3 second settlements from USA  to Shanghai situated on a stand at SIBOs  in Australia while SWIFT is literally standing in the same room saying this technology is years down the line.

Edited by mandelbaum