Microsoft Azure and Ripple

BruceWhale

Microsoft and Ripple yes.

Not Swift and Azure and the mention of Ripple on the Azure's panel

" Today at Sibos 2018, the world’s premier financial services event, Microsoft and SWIFT announced a cloud native proof of concept (POC) to host SWIFT infrastructure and enable cloud native payment transfers on Microsoft Azure. Together, the two companies are working to facilitate the future deployment of SWIFT messaging solutions in the cloud, enabling faster, more efficient and secure operations for banks, corporates, service bureaus, and other payments ecosystem players." 

source https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/microsoft-and-swift-make-azure-cloud-native-payments-a-reality/

22 minutes ago, BruceWhale said:

" Today at Sibos 2018, the world’s premier financial services event, Microsoft and SWIFT announced a cloud native proof of concept (POC) to host SWIFT infrastructure and enable cloud native payment transfers on Microsoft Azure. Together, the two companies are working to facilitate the future deployment of SWIFT messaging solutions in the cloud, enabling faster, more efficient and secure operations for banks, corporates, service bureaus, and other payments ecosystem players.

What exactly am I missing that concludes these sentences to "Microsoft and Ripple yes."? 

Some questions about Azure:  If it is "open" does that mean "open sourced" or "open access to be used by everyone"?

Are Ripple using Azure?  Is any of Ripple technology dependent on using Azure?

What is the significance of SWIFT using the cloud for its messaging system?  I am sort of imagining it is a bit like a blockchain in that the data might be controlled by users dispersed across continents, a bit like nodes on blockchain provide consensual data gathering.  Am I on the wrong track? 

Azure, open cloud seems like a security nightmare?

Edited by Julian_Williams

We use Azure for hosting, and their rep called me a few weeks ago to probe for sales opportunities. 

I asked about their BaaS offering, and if we could easily spin up a Rippled ledger/network, as opposed to bitcoin & other DLTs.

The rep said they would check and get back to me, but never did. I could really use an easily configurable Rippled ledger.

9 hours ago, ErikNL said:

What exactly am I missing that concludes these sentences to "Microsoft and Ripple yes."? 

Delusion and Hopium, but make sure you take small doses else you might end up in $589+ or even worse $5,000-$8,000/xrp  EOY  symptoms and end up suffering/fantasizing #BG123DelusionalRiptardsLoonies Syndrome. :rofl:

Volpay uses Azure and an entire suite of banking tools; now including Ripple products. Volpay Hub is a cloud based  banking infrastructure SaaS

You can fill in the dots here given Ripple and MS relationship and how much MS loves integrating vertically (especially with software)

^This is RECENT news. There’s a thread on here posted within the last week.

Edited by Atomic1221

• 2 weeks later...