Sign in to follow this  
Chewiecoin

How Are We All Doing?

1 hour ago, 2ndtimearound said:

I can tell you plainly that Ripple need XRP to gain value and be widely adopted as much as you and I want it to.

Exactly- I abandon ship when I see a divergence of interests.  I’ll be an XRP investor as long as it’s in the best interest of ripple and it’s executives to push the value of XRP higher.  I love being on the same team as Chris Larsen, Ben Lawsky, Brad Garlinghouse and others.  The best part is that they are structuring things in a way that allows for total decentralization while keeping these same interests aligned.  

O and @Chewiecoin I’m doing great, thanks for asking.  Just bored but I recognize this could be much worse.  But I’m very patient and am happy to wait as needed for this incredible investment to mature.  

Edited by aavkk

1 hour ago, pumpndump said:

No guarantee that happens anytime soon. Some of the 25k by 12/2018 pundits are now saying 2500-3500 BTC then a rise next year (maybe). 

How low would xrp go in a 100 billion market cap crypto market?

It could go down pretty low but not like it would just disappear. What goes down goes up. So even if btc takes a dump it should eventually go up. Otherwise we're all wasting our time and money. All price until now is speculative anyway.

Edited by bayarea510

2 hours ago, pumpndump said:

Ripple and XRP are 95% seperate. As Cory J says "XRP gives you no rights to this company" and as it was also said "Best year for Ripple and the worst year for XRP".

Ripple could have income of 1 billion dollars, 2000 employees, and XRP could still be .50.

The only way XRP goes up big is if xRapid and any product that  XRP is native too is used on a very large scale. 

People/FI will see value in this and purchase/hold XRP causing a increase.

People get lost when they equate Ripple success to XRP success. xRapid may never catch on and Ripple would still be wildly successful. 

I do agree with you that this will take years, but we should see or have a inkling of xRapid's possible success in 6 months. We should see something imo!

I agree with this. There is a lot of excitement around all the Xrapid partners but the real question to me is “how much is it used?” Or can it be used effectively with Xrp at such a low price? I can be a member of Costco but only to once a year when it makes sense for me to use the membership. Same with Xrapid. I agree we need to give it 6 months but the current volume picture doesn’t look great.  $260M with ZB being 1/3 of it. 

At the end of the day, I think people overlook the importance of FOMO and public support. XRP needs to be at a higher price to hit the sweet spot for these major institutions to use it.  I’m sure Ripple knows that their biggest challenge is getting liquidity and price to a sustainable level to make it beneficial to larger institutions. It’s the chicken and the egg. Everyone says utility is the key but price needs to be right to get utility. 

54 minutes ago, bayarea510 said:

It could go down pretty low but not like it would just disappear. What goes down goes up. So even if btc takes a dump it should eventually go up. Otherwise we're all wasting our time and money. All price until now is speculative anyway.

Simply not true. An asset can go down and die, never to recover. There is absolutely no guarantee BTC will ever go up (or any DA for that matter).

55 minutes ago, Animal_Plirf said:

Simply not true. An asset can go down and die, never to recover. There is absolutely no guarantee BTC will ever go up (or any DA for that matter).

I disagree. If you look at btc's past history it has never "died." Sure it has corrected like hell, 85-90% but never went to $0. The assets that die never to recover are all the shi* coins and icos polluting the market. If I had to bet on a DA with the highest chance of surviving long term it would definitely be xrp. 

49 minutes ago, bayarea510 said:

I disagree. If you look at btc's past history it has never "died." Sure it has corrected like hell, 85-90% but never went to $0. The assets that die never to recover are all the shi* coins and icos polluting the market. If I had to bet on a DA with the highest chance of surviving long term it would definitely be xrp. 

You are correct but you are not listening, consequently don't expect an answer from me after this message.

I contradicted you because you said BTC will go up without the shadow of a doubt. Read your initial statement again. I said you are wrong. As a counter-argument, you said that BTC has not died yet. You are obviously right but completely off topic. 

Past performance is not indicative of future performance.

Imagine the White House decides to establish stringent regulation on BTC because it is mostly mined and controlled by China. Imagine the price goes down just a bit further to the point where mining is no longer profitable, even for large FPGA farms, causing to the closure of BTC mining farms, a quasi-halt to BTC transactions and a surge in transaction costs. Imagine that someone pulls off a 51% attack on the networks and succeeds.

Just because there has been speculative bubbles in the past does not mean there will be others, nor that BTC will recover to its previous ATH. Digital assets can die, including XRP. DYIOR and assume nothing.

14 hours ago, pitchblack452 said:

Well since i have been in the red most of the time i am not so happy with the current price but belief in the potential.

Seeing green portefolio must feel nice i think 

Things may seem pitch black now in red but we will never see such low prices again. ???

39A2B5DB-FAB7-458D-AB38-CB0BC6109233.jpeg

27 minutes ago, BecomeRich said:

Things may seem pitch black now in red but we will never see such low prices again. ???

39A2B5DB-FAB7-458D-AB38-CB0BC6109233.jpeg

Deja Vu!

I was told so at 2.5, 2.0, 1.8, 1.2, 0.9, 0.6,.....

Did you read the news about Wallstreets bonuses? They will  reach an ATH in 2018.. sounds familiar?

26 minutes ago, xSODAx said:

Deja Vu!

I was told so at 2.5, 2.0, 1.8, 1.2, 0.9, 0.6,.....

Did you read the news about Wallstreets bonuses? They will  reach an ATH in 2018.. sounds familiar?

In 2019 Wall Street Bonuses will be paid out during Chinese New Year - imagine the pump!!  ??

At the moment I'm very disappointed at XRP. But patience Will be the keyword.Also I'll think Stellar Will do it great.So as said from the start I Will HODL and we Will see.

Sign in to follow this