lu_stgm96

(Official) J.P. Morgan, Ripple, SWIFT and Marsh & McLennan together in a Panel @AFP Chicago 2018

Ripple’s Ryan Gaylor is on SWIFT Chicago Panel  with J.P Morgan and SWIFT on November 6th.  Aren’t there some rumors about the importance of November 5th - 8th???  Hmmmm Interesting...

https://www.swift.com/news-events/events/community-events/swift-afp-chicago-2018

“AFP Panel 2: Taking Advantage of New Technologies in Payments Strategy

When: Tuesday, November 6th | 10:30 to 11:45 AM
Where: Payments Room W185ABCD

The changing payments landscape has given rise to phrases like real-time payments, distributed ledgers, and blockchain, bringing expectations of reduced fraud, lower transaction costs, increased speed, and a proliferation of transactional data. What does this mean for those in treasury? During this panel, participants will provide guidance on the key questions organizations should be asking themselves as they look to take advantage of new payment capabilities. 

Steve Bernstein, US and Global ACH Business Development Manager, J.P. Morgan 

Ryan Gaylor, Director of Corporate Payments, Ripple

David Scola, Head of North America, SWIFT

Kris Filipkowski, Deputy Treasurer, Marsh & McLennan 

Moderator: Elizabeth St-Onge, Partner, Oliver Wyman”

Edited by BabyNeedsShoes
Fixed the link

"AFP Panel 2: Taking Advantage of New Technologies in Payments Strategy." And one of their four panelists is Ryan Gaylor, Director of corporate payments, Ripple.    And then one of their stated objectives: "....participants will provide guidance on the key questions organizations should be asking themselves as they look to take advantage of new payment capabilities."  Sounds to me like Ripple is on a roll.....

7 hours ago, BabyNeedsShoes said:

Ripple’s Ryan Gaylor is on SWIFT Chicago Panel  with J.P Morgan and SWIFT on November 6th.  Aren’t there some rumors about the importance of November 5th - 8th???  Hmmmm Interesting...

I agree it's interesting but I don't think you can say 'Gaylor is on SWIFT Chicago Panel'. Correct me if I'm wrong, AFP organises the conference, not SWIFT.

12 minutes ago, sgxrp said:

Also, has anyone noticed that someone from Uber is doing a talk on the use of cryptocurrencies...

Plus there are representatives from Starbucks and AirBnb talking about cross-border payments...

#clutching

SWEET JESUS

37 minutes ago, sgxrp said:

Also, has anyone noticed that someone from Uber is doing a talk on the use of cryptocurrencies...

Plus there are representatives from Starbucks and AirBnb talking about cross-border payments...

#clutching

Sources?