What a coincidence @Hodor we have had discussions today in the Zerpening Club about NEXO. Then youré latest Blog entry also contains NEXO.
Dots are Dots and they Connect, in a funny and peculiar way. BTW I am OOL so no visible like from me :sarcastic:

Edited by zenkert

When you hear skepticism from icons of finance, you should ask yourself a question:  Do they really 'get it' from your perspective, or are they heavily invested in fiat currency and its debt instruments?   Always ask yourself about motivations behind dramatic statements from these influential people, no matter how respected their opinions might be in the mainstream press.   Let critical thinking be your guide, as well as history.

Couldn't agree more.

Another fantastic piece and summary of the past few days.  It really is exciting to see the small and middle tier corporates and payment companies so quickly expand into new markets!  Instead of months now it takes days!  

Do you feel that these types of developments coupled with multi-hop and the possibilities it brings may get us to mass adoption without the US govt taking a clear “not security” stamp of approval?  Am I crazy in thinking that’s possible?

It’s unbelieve how much Ripple have decentralized the network this year right in the face of POW going totally in the opposite direction.   

Exciting times ahead.  I love your Saturday or Sunday blogs as I sometimes have the time to consider the bigger picture.

Thank you  Hodor for a great post again.

Look at real currency, and the loss of trust in its value by the citizens that use it.   Yes, we use it to store and trade for tangible items, but what does it represent?   The 'full faith and credit' of the country that issued it?   And that in turn is usually based on that country's ability to collect taxes, which is in turn paid in ...  you guessed it ...  that same currency.

Quote end

Yes real currency what is it  worth in today's market?

USA, China and IMF they are printing money like there is no tomorrow :) USA is lending 5 billion every day just to pay the interest for the money they have borrowed. The last time USA was paying back more money  that they lend was the last year president Clinton was in office.  USA has some $17 trillions in loan and China has some $25 trillions in loans.  How the hell are they ever going to pay that money back. I think they have no intention to do that.

16 minutes ago, aavkk said:

Do you feel that these types of developments coupled with multi-hop and the possibilities it brings may get us to mass adoption without the US govt taking a clear “not security” stamp of approval?  Am I crazy in thinking that’s possible?

I think multi-hop is one of several tools to jump-start xRapid usage, yes.  And I hope you're not crazy, because I'm thinking the same thing!  :JC_thinking:  Maybe we're both crazy?  :D

21 minutes ago, JBW said:

USA, China and IMF they are printing money like there is no tomorrow :) USA is lending 5 billion every day just to pay the interest for the money they have borrowed. The last time USA was paying back more money  that they lend was the last year president Clinton was in office.  USA has some $17 trillions in loan and China has some $25 trillions in loans.  How the hell are they ever going to pay that money back. I think they have no intention to do that.

The debt is not getting much mainstream media attention, but I think if we are to 'turn this ship around' the US must take a very hard look at how to take a chunk out of this debt during years of surplus, instead of jumping towards new ways to spend it. 

Just a friendly question to Hodor. 

You wrote this Hodor:

Look at real currency, and the loss of trust in its value by the citizens that use it.

Then I wrote what I wrote.

Why did you comment that with a sadly face or whatever it is (let's not talk about that)

Question is: What did you mean by there is no trust in real currency?