Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
XRP-JAG

Ripple In Ukraine - What Do We Know?

Recommended Posts

Source: https://www.fides.ch/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Ripple_Fides_Conference.pdf

That Ripple logo is well and truly in Ukraine:

image.png.5979dcbb72916fa224a5e1475549eff5.pngimage.thumb.png.3ca8e6968e77386236f942b21e36f619.png

So, what do we know about Ripple & Ukraine... well not a lot it would seem!

A news article from back in 2015 cited the Ukraine Central Bank 

https://en.interfax.com.ua/news/press-release/291803.html

Quote

Alex Lutskiy, Innovecs Co-Founder and CEO. – In the nearest future we plan to connect Ukrainian banks to the internet protocol Ripple which will cryptographically secure financial transaction data and will allow to reduce the costs and speed up payments due to the system openness and absence of mediators."

After that, I'm struggling to find anything more recent specifically related to Ripple, but there is a lot of talk about an electronic version of the Ukrainian Hryvnia on various Crypto websites. Tracking that back to anything official is a struggle.

One Jan 2018 report by 'National Radio Company of Ukraine' does talk about 'National Bank of Ukraine' (NBU)

Quote

"The NBU wants to specify that this is the possible introduction of the e-hryvnia rather than an own cryptocurrency," the NBU said.The e-hryvnia may minimize transaction costs amid remittance on Ukraine's payment market and handle operations almost instantaneously.

Source: http://www.nrcu.gov.ua/en/news.html?newsID=68491

However, I've had no luck finding that press release on the NBU website, or really any mention of it otherwise really except rehashes of the same article on various Crypto websites.

 

So the question does seem to remain... what exactly is Ripple doing in Ukraine?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, XRP-JAG said:

So the question does seem to remain... what exactly is Ripple doing in Ukraine?

Quote

Today the world sends more than $155 trillion* across borders. Yet, the underlying infrastructure is dated and flawed. Ripple connects banks, payment providers and digital asset exchanges via RippleNet to provide one frictionless experience to send money globally.

thats what they are doing (https://ripple.com/use-cases/?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
6 hours ago, LAH said:

Ukraine is a failed neo nazi state

How so?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, LAH said:

Ukraine is a failed neo nazi state .  Ripple is better off in Russia circumventing sanctions and Swift 

Not sure if you are trolling or ignorant. Ukrainians  are some of the most pleasant, welcoming and intelligent people in the world. 

They also cultivate a very open and highly tolerant society. 

Whatever it is you might be referring to in case it isn't trolling is a deep misunderstanding between the way these regions recall and have directly felt the effect of WW2 and most of the western world. The perspective of what happened to their grand parent is from somebody in Eastern Poland, Belarus, Czech Republic, Slovakia and Ukraine and even India a very different one to the stories told by those that won the war. 

Fun fact for you. Ukraine is one of the countries in the world with the biggest Jew community in the whole world. Just check out Dnipro. It was the Jews that literally prevented the Russian separatists to capture more territory. 

History and cultures are far more complex than people have time to invest in to study. I recommend to pack a rucksack and visit that fascinating part of the world. Too little is known about the triangle that is located between Prague, Istanbul and Georgia. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, AgamemnonUA said:

Not sure if you are trolling or ignorant. Ukrainians  are some of the most pleasant, welcoming and intelligent people in the world. 

They also cultivate a very open and highly tolerant society. 

Whatever it is you might be referring to in case it isn't trolling is a deep misunderstanding between the way these regions recall and have directly felt the effect of WW2 and most of the western world. The perspective of what happened to their grand parent is from somebody in Eastern Poland, Belarus, Czech Republic, Slovakia and Ukraine and even India a very different one to the stories told by those that won the war. 

Fun fact for you. Ukraine is one of the countries in the world with the biggest Jew community in the whole world. Just check out Dnipro. It was the Jews that literally prevented the Russian separatists to capture more territory. 

History and cultures are far more complex than people have time to invest in to study. I recommend to pack a rucksack and visit that fascinating part of the world. Too little is known about the triangle that is located between Prague, Istanbul and Georgia. 

 

The people over there might be pleasant to you based off of what you see here on the news but it isn’t true. The whole country is corrupt over there. All the officials care only for their pockets and no one else’s. My mother’s whole side of the family lives there and all of them are hardly getting by on retirement money. They worked years and now in their 60-70s and can’t live off of what they get help with.

you wanna start a business there? Fine start it. But when you start making money after years of putting in hard work some guys come to your door and tell you that you have to split your profits with them just because. I have family who live there and I know what I’m talking about. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Xrp2damoon said:

The people over there might be pleasant to you based off of what you see here on the news but it isn’t true. The whole country is corrupt over there. All the officials care only for their pockets and no one else’s. My mother’s whole side of the family lives there and all of them are hardly getting by on retirement money. They worked years and now in their 60-70s and can’t live off of what they get help with.

you wanna start a business there? Fine start it. But when you start making money after years of putting in hard work some guys come to your door and tell you that you have to split your profits with them just because. I have family who live there and I know what I’m talking about. 

I won't argue with you on the subjects you raised.  Yes, there is a huge forgotten generation here (like in Russia) to whom the entire system failed or simply collapsed with the fall of the iron curtain. Second, there is no doubt that corruption and regulatory red tape is pretty crazy here. However, I have seen many countries even in Europe with not too dissimilar issues.

Ukraine still has a very long way to go. However, this whole nazi failed state crap is pure propaganda. The false news being spread are so bad that even Russians who watched the Eurovision song contest posted stuff like 'hold on, you guys look normal. I thought you were all savages'. As you probably lnow, they meant this in full earnest.

Edited by AgamemnonUA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Xrp2damoon said:

you wanna start a business there? Fine start it. But when you start making money after years of putting in hard work some guys come to your door and tell you that you have to split your profits with them just because. I have family who live there and I know what I’m talking about.

This is 100% false. These days have gone (partly thanks to Maidan being tremendous milestone in the country's history) and I'm telling you this as someone having business in Ukraine and with Ukrainians. Yes, Ukraine is still more corrupt than some of the countries in the West, yes serious work needs to be done as @AgamemnonUA stated, but its absolutely biased, short sighted, unpolite and disrespectful to refer to Ukraine like some members did.

I could not agree more with @AgamemnonUA posts, well done and hat off to you Sir.

Edited by WillGetThere
Grammar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is all lovely, but I'd rather we talked about RippleNet and/or XRP (for a change!). 

I think we can say with some certainty that at least one Ukrainian bank is atleast on RippleNet, and maybe even using XRP. But who?

It also seems that there an intention for a state backed pegged Crypto currency, that could even be on the Ripple ledger.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...