I would get that watch if it contained current XRP price at any given moment...

Thanks for the read Hodor! Can't wait to find what exciting news today will bring!

1 hour ago, Vvittin said:

Cool stuff.

Thank you for posting that diagram - first time I saw it! 

The fact that a single transaction could be split apart and communicated separately... unbelievable innovation!  This will help banks get to the lowest possible network cost for transmission over RippleNet, and they could use XRP to settle. 

Guess who's hanging onto his zerps? 

Hodor.jpg.33aebf39edaf3dae84c74bce93d5bccb.jpg

@Hodor good article. This Liquidity and Pathfinding issue is driving me nuts, and the two are directly related, because the pathfinding is finding a path for the liquidity.

I'm going to have to do a write up and video on this soon, it has been irritating me for a long while, that we/I dont know where/how the pathfinding process is being preformed. 

My "How xPool" write up was inspired by this irritation because I had to figure out some feasible way that the pathfinding job could be getting done.

My big question is...

"Are the Ripple products (xRapid specifically) doing the pathfinding as a centralized service for all nodes on RippleNet (possibly tied to the atomic settlement service?)... or is RippleNet using the method I proposed as "distributed pathfinding" where each bank's xCurrent node is using it's internal pathfinding; with the sum of all xCurrent nodes' best path becoming the end-to-end path"?

@JoelKatz @mDuo13 @nikb ?? please :help:

1 hour ago, Vvittin said:

Cool stuff.

3B5A0235-46D3-4B31-A6F8-F77E68D3D8CE.png

It's hard to even conceptualize the significance of RippleNet. This is what's really going to open the door for xrp utilization. As RippleNet progressively becomes the "go to" solution for banks around the world, xrp will naturally see more and more use: it's pretty 'simple' really, but it's still gonna take some time....

2 hours ago, KarmaCoverage said:

"Are the Ripple products (xRapid specifically) doing the pathfinding as a centralized service for all nodes on RippleNet (possibly tied to the atomic settlement service?)... or is RippleNet using the method I proposed as "distributed pathfinding" where each bank's xCurrent node is using it's internal pathfinding; with the sum of all xCurrent nodes' best path becoming the end-to-end path"?

I think one clue is in the latest blog from Evan Schwartz.  Here is the quote and source:

Connectors can optimize for speed and throughput, because every transaction— from large purchases to streams of micropayments — turns into similarly-sized ILP packets.`

He's explaining "packetized" payments where larger payments are broken up into smaller sizes. 

https://medium.com/xpring/interledger-how-to-interconnect-all-blockchains-and-value-networks-74f432e64543