xrp_sea

Any truth to Ripple / Trump rumors?

There were several articles today regarding Ripple being in talks with the Trump Administration regarding adoption of XRP. Although none of these articles were from reputable news sources (Ethereum Word, Crypto Daily, etc). I don't want to get into any political discussions, but it seems like if this were true it would be great news for XRP. Any thoughts?

Edited by xrp_sea

I would be quite surprised if there aren't any talks with the us goverment. It seems like (lets hope) crypto is here to stay. The most famous bitcoin is de facto controlled by china. Not really optimal for USA. ETH? Hmm... also not optimal. So from a goverment positions i'm sure they are interessted to keep a kind of control/influence about the possible future money. For me such talks (if they exist) should primarely be viewd from a geo-political point of view.

1 hour ago, bayarea510 said:

If America wants to stay competitive and innovative in upcoming blockchain technology then the goverment needs to most definitely support Ripple and pass legislation allowing xrp to thrive so it can compete on a global stage.

This and using a tech that is better than what China is using.

56 minutes ago, Blubber said:

I'm guessing someone described the dominance of Bitcoin mining in China.  Trump has no idea what this means, of course, but 'China'

and 'mining' are 2 buzzwords that could possibly stir the cobwebs in his topknot.

So true!