Toroth

History repeating?

1 minute ago, Xrpforme said:

This! 

Thought exactly the same thing. Panic will ensue and people will look to bail into something else. Also, Tether is micro sized compared to the broader market. Not like if everyone bailed on USD and tried to pull out. There might be short term pain but also, anyone worried is probably already shifting from Tether to uSD or another stable coin. Look at Bittrex.  It has like 3 stable options. 

500,000,000$ moved BTC market up 25,000,000,000$$ in market cap this morning alone. 
2,500,000,000$ could do 125,000,000,000$$

Do you guys think this whole tether thing is  an intentional move to get the market moving again? Right now people are leaving usdt to buy coins or other stablecoins and their prices artificially being inflated. On the other hand some argue the entire bull run in 2017 was due to tether. But if that's the case does one blame tether for prior bulls runs or anticipation of future bull runs (those people saying btc is headed to 35k, 50k, or 100k). I

Edited by bayarea510

57 minutes ago, bayarea510 said:

Do you guys think this whole tether thing is  an intentional move to get the market moving again? Right now people are leaving usdt to buy coins or other stablecoins and their prices artificially being inflated. On the other hand some argue the entire bull run in 2017 was due to tether. But if that's the case does one blame tether for prior bulls runs or anticipation of future bull runs (those people saying btc is headed to 35k, 50k, or 100k). I

There was a "fake news" story about Binance delisting Tether, so someone wanted to manipulate the market.

https://ethereumworldnews.com/reports-of-binance-delisting-tether-usdt-turns-out-to-be-fake-news/

54 minutes ago, mandelbaum said:

There was a "fake news" story about Binance delisting Tether, so someone wanted to manipulate the market.

https://ethereumworldnews.com/reports-of-binance-delisting-tether-usdt-turns-out-to-be-fake-news/

No, no... That came out *during* the Tether dip (which I'd been watching/waiting for days) - and it was clearly fake - and pretty funny, too.  It was dressed up as a press release and it listed the official reason for Binance delisting USDT as: "Tether big scam!"  It doesn't get more clearly satirical than that, but I did post it in the Zerpbox and several "helpful" people told me it was fake...  (I wonder about some of you guys, sometimes.)

So... what's that.. let's do that math...  The news about that satirical PR being circulated is true, but, the news that it's what *caused* the Tether issues is false.  ****'s getting complicated...

ETA:  Also, I think this last generation suffers from a serious and potentially dangerous deficiency in both the sense of humor and sense of irony departments.  You can't "fact check" stupid away... so... you kids might actually have to start hitting the books, again, and studying.  Sorry.  (Not sorry.)

Edited by NightJanitor

1 hour ago, NightJanitor said:

No, no... That came out *during* the Tether dip (which I'd been watching/waiting for days) - and it was clearly fake - and pretty funny, too.  It was dressed up as a press release and it listed the official reason for Binance delisting USDT as: "Tether big scam!"  It doesn't get more clearly satirical than that, but I did post it in the Zerpbox and several "helpful" people told me it was fake...  (I wonder about some of you guys, sometimes.)

So... what's that.. let's do that math...  The news about that satirical PR being circulated is true, but, the news that it's what *caused* the Tether issues is false.  ****'s getting complicated...

ETA:  Also, I think this last generation suffers from a serious and potentially dangerous deficiency in both the sense of humor and sense of irony departments.  You can't "fact check" stupid away... so... you kids might actually have to start hitting the books, again, and studying.  Sorry.  (Not sorry.)

I don't get it.  :dthinking:

Are you sorry or not sorry?

3 hours ago, bayarea510 said:

Can't the tether folks make another fake currency and start pumping the market to a new ath in which xrp is pumped to the moon so we can all retire a happy life? 

This all makes crypto look so good and banks surely will trust these non regulated exchanges.

4 hours ago, bayarea510 said:

Can't the tether folks make another fake currency and start pumping the market to a new ath in which xrp is pumped to the moon so we can all retire a happy life? 

“A single stroke of genius, is more valuable than a lifetime of uninspired drugery. I never found the idea of regular work appealing. In my youth I had dreamed of a life spent drifting around in style.”

Hahahahaha.

7 hours ago, bayarea510 said:

If someone were to create a coin called FAKE/USD, people would still buy it.