Sign in to follow this  
BruceWhale

Viamericas is using Xrapid

2 minutes ago, WillGetThere said:

@Plikk I'm sorry to ruin your parade but I guess you say so cause you entered in Jan 2018. 

I think (personal opinion only) those who entered USD 0.5 plus will have to wait quite long to have meaningful returns, which are at least x10 given what kind of crazy/risky/stressful space crypto is. 

If someone is looking at x2-x5 return in this space i just feel sorry for them.

No offence. Just my opinion if i may please. 

Sorry. I forgot I invested in the stock market. For a second I thought I invested in a digital asset called XRP where 2-5x return are the norm. Oopsie. 

Just now, XRPboi said:

How many institutions have to be live on Ripplenet for the utility demand to affect the price of XRP? 5+ organizations are currently live yet the volume hasn't budged much. I can't be the only one with this on my mind..

I think just 3-4 weeks ago the 24 hour average was $200M +/- then we moved to $800M for a bit then settled at $500M......today we are sitting at 24 Hour volume over $1B with a "B"..... its moving in the right direction.

Just now, itcdominic said:

I think just 3-4 weeks ago the 24 hour average was $200M +/- then we moved to $800M for a bit then settled at $500M......today we are sitting at 24 Hour volume over $1B with a "B"..... its moving in the right direction.

Yeah but that's just tether volume. I do believe it was a quick scare and people are gonna go back to their stable coin of choice. 

56 minutes ago, XRPboi said:

How many institutions have to be live on Ripplenet for the utility demand to affect the price of XRP? 5+ organizations are currently live yet the volume hasn't budged much. I can't be the only one with this on my mind..

Cool your jets... as a prominent Ripple employee said.

Only one small bank Cuallix is actually live with xRapid right now. All others will be coming online shortly in next few months.

31 minutes ago, lll_lll said:

Cool your jets... as a prominent Ripple employee said.

Only one small bank Cuallix is actually live with xRapid right now. All others will be coming online shortly in next few months.

Yes, Cuallix is live, as is MercuryFX. Catalyst is going live in the very near future. However, reading this announcement leads me (and others) to believe that it's more than just these 3 that have gone live:

RippleNet is now providing on-demand liquidity to financial institutions for cross-border payments using the digital asset XRP. xRapid, the Ripple product powering these transactions, is commercially available and moving into production with multiple customers, including MercuryFX, Cuallix and Catalyst Corporate Federal Credit Union.

https://ripple.com/insights/ripple-highlights-record-year-xrapid-now-commercially-available/

The jets are just getting fired up! No need to cool them down! :D

1 hour ago, trogdor said:

However, reading this announcement leads me (and others) to believe that it's more than just these 3 that have gone live:

Moneynetint went live today and most of us had never heard of them.  Lots of companies are coming out of the woodwork this week - here is another  DZ bank https://globalcoinreport.com/ripple-interledger-protocol-integration-into-dz-bank-ag-probably-underway/

The point probably is that DZ bank let their subsidiary-ReiseBank, take all the risks of testing Ripple Interledger Protocol and waited for the results. And perhaps if these results are conclusive, then DZ can go ahead and implement Ripple without taking any risk as well as wasting time doing the tests.

Read more at http://globalcoinreport.com/ripple-interledger-protocol-integration-into-dz-bank-ag-probably-underway/

Edited by Julian_Williams

Why didn't Ripple announce their names tho? Only 3 were mentioned. Western Union most likely isn't interested in xRapid anymore, Ripple hasn't mentioned their name anywhere since their CEO talked crap about XRP

6 minutes ago, AlibabaGrp said:

Why didn't Ripple announce their names tho? Only 3 were mentioned. Western Union most likely isn't interested in xRapid anymore, Ripple hasn't mentioned their name anywhere since their CEO talked crap about XRP

Ripple decided to cool their jets last March.  They did not want to hype up expectations and also companies working with them do not want the publicity.

3 hours ago, WillGetThere said:

@Plikk I'm sorry to ruin your parade but I guess you say so cause you entered in Jan 2018. 

I think (personal opinion only) those who entered USD 0.5 plus will have to wait quite long to have meaningful returns, which are at least x10 given what kind of crazy/risky/stressful space crypto is. 

If someone is looking at x2-x5 return in this space i just feel sorry for them.

No offence. Just my opinion if i may please. 

What?  This thing pumped to like .65 on basically nothing?  The market as a whole has the feeling of catapultation is about to happen.  Not saying it's going to happen anytime soon.  Maybe tomorrow, maybe next week, maybe not for 6 months.  But when it does, it's going to be epic.

lots of jet cooling going on in this thread.

I approve.

Viamericas is a private company. The International Finance Corporation (“IFC”), a part of the World Bank Group, is the company’s second largest shareholder. The IFC was established in 1956 as the private sector arm of theWorld Bank Group. IFC is the largest global development institution focused exclusively on the private sector in developing countries. IFC is owned and governed by its 184 member countries, and has executive leadership and staff that conduct its normal business operations. The United States holds the largest IFC voting share at just over 20%, and the United States’ interest in IFC is managed by the Secretary of the Treasury, as a Governor, and by an Executive Director appointed by the President.http://corporate.viamericas.com/about/

The second largest shareholder in Viamericas is the IFC-Part of The world Bank.   And the US controls 20%,  that is the largest voting share. With Trump (supposed) worried about Bitcoin and interested in Ripple what could this all mean?

So yep a big deal.

Edited by seasonal

5 hours ago, seasonal said:

The second largest shareholder in Viamericas is the IFC-Part of The world Bank.   And the US controls 20%,  that is the largest voting share. With Trump (supposed) worried about Bitcoin and interested in Ripple what could this all mean?

So yep a big deal.

Yes, that is actually really big. I´m surprised it did not create more of a news story when CNBC announced it back in september? Did CNBC simply ignore it?

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/17/ripple-hints-cryptocurrency-product-xrapid-will-go-live-soon.html

This also has vast IMF connections, Christine Lagarde talked about digital currency not to long ago.