Jump to content
DreXRP

Ripple Has a Ton of Doubters. This Exec Is Trying to Change Their Minds

Recommended Posts

Quote

It’s hard for someone to write an article that gives XRP the benefit of the doubt or says, “Hey, this could be good,” when they have personal investments in bitcoin. They don’t allow themselves the possibility of saying “XRP is better than Bitcoin” because of the financial loss they might engender. Even if they have the best of intentions. Bias is called bias for a reason.

"It’s been truly surprising to me that people out there pretending to report facts aren’t interested in correcting them. They’re not journalists, but they’re posing as journalists."

This is so true, we talk about regulation of crypto..... would be nice for some regulation regarding journalism, not just in crypto but in general

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, coastal said:

This is so true, we talk about regulation of crypto..... would be nice for some regulation regarding journalism, not just in crypto but in general

That would easily be challenged as a violation of the 1st and 4th Amendments to the US Constitution. 

Anyhow, I believe libel and slander are dealt with fairly through the courts. Exhibt "A": Bollea v. Gawker.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bollea_v._Gawker

Edited by TheXRPer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, TheXRPer said:

That would easily be challenged as a violation of the 1st and 4th Amendments to the US Constitution. 

Don't get me wrong... i'm for freedom of speech 100%, just annoyed many journo's "claim" to be professional and impartial, but the majority are far from it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, elias said:

Unknown "scrappy upstarts" seems a long way from Brad Garlinghouse hoping for "one bank this year" and "dozens" next year.

Really, what is the problem? If a bank asks Ripple about xRapid, do Ripple say "its not for banks", as JoelKatz has implied?

The xRapid customers at Swell said they had no problems with regulation.

Are we waiting for a final bit of regulation that allows banks to use XRP, or something else?

I'm still puzzled by the fact that Brad said "major banks" will use xRapid 2018 eoy. Brad later corrected himself within another interview that at least ONE bank is going to use xRapid 2018 eoy. I indeed remember when @JoelKatz said within one of his AMAs that xRapid was not designed for banks or something like that. Does this mean that Ripple will have something better than xRapid for banks specifically or that banks want to adopt xRapid even though it wasn't designed specifically to them because it should save them also so much money?

As a pessimist I will expect that there will not be any xRapid bank announcements before 2018 eoy. Instead I will expect that the next 10 new xRapid customers will be those never heard "scrappy upstarts".

Maybe banks have higher regulations than non-banks which is one reason they do nothing and let the competitors nibble away their market share of cross-border remittances?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Benchmark said:

What do you want him to say?

Divulge all the company secrets so you can feel satisfied?

No need to be paranoid 😄 It’s not actually very likely at all that there are any big secrets. NDAs aren’t necessary where partnerships have actual substance - they are almost entirely used in early-stage talk phases when there’s a risk of either competitor poaching or proprietary IP being stolen.

Also, substantive news will always get leaked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JA8 said:

No need to be paranoid 😄 It’s not actually very likely at all that there are any big secrets. NDAs aren’t necessary where partnerships have actual substance - they are almost entirely used in early-stage talk phases when there’s a risk of either competitor poaching or proprietary IP being stolen.

Also, substantive news will always get leaked.

Yes perhaps, but that doesn't mean that news will always reach the right people.

I wish that the founding of Ripple (and creation of XRP) would have leaked to me more clearly. :JC_thinking:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/14/2018 at 4:58 PM, hallwaymonitor said:

Maybe banks have higher regulations than non-banks which is one reason they do nothing and let the competitors nibble away their market share of cross-border remittances?

 

Yes, they do. Ripple has stated that payment providers are more willing to adopt xRapid because they face less regulations than banks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/13/2018 at 3:07 PM, coastal said:
Quote

It’s hard for someone to write an article that gives XRP the benefit of the doubt or says, “Hey, this could be good,” when they have personal investments in bitcoin. They don’t allow themselves the possibility of saying “XRP is better than Bitcoin” because of the financial loss they might engender. Even if they have the best of intentions. Bias is called bias for a reason.

"It’s been truly surprising to me that people out there pretending to report facts aren’t interested in correcting them. They’re not journalists, but they’re posing as journalists."

This is so true, we talk about regulation of crypto..... would be nice for some regulation regarding journalism, not just in crypto but in general

Not to derail the thread, but this seems relevant here...

https://publishprotocol.io/

The most viable blockchain based media platform built by the press, for the press

"PUBLISH is an innovative blockchain-based platform for the next generation of media built by the press for the press. Our mission is to create a highly-accessible and fairly rewarded global blockchain-based media outlet ecosystem for existing publishers to use and build on. With PUBLISH publishers can sustain their business while providing uncompromised journalism."

image.thumb.png.01a1a5633958c7d8218a66c1057a011f.png

(note, I do not have anything to do with this project, it was linked in the OP's article - see below)

image.png.10514d1a0fc7626f8b35082ad6ae8ded.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×