katsam

November is the month

1 hour ago, lucky said:

The jet of this fanboy is cooled and fueled. Something is brewing, I think it will be served in just a few weeks.

Digital assets are very useful for the cross border payments usecase. XRP is the fastest, cheapest and most secure asset for that usecase, and can be distributed wholesale to banks.

The only way forward for Swift, is towards more interoperability and accessability. ILP is the answer. You don't need to wait for official announcements to know in which direction the train is moving.

Well said, m8.

4 hours ago, Raz said:

Sure, but i thought the SEC is the only agency which actively enforces insider trading. I thought all the other ones you listed just investigate it or define what it is. Also, wouldn’t they have to be sued for insider trading since it hasn’t been declared a security for the agencies/courts you listed to act?

https://cftc.gov/PressRoom/PressReleases/7811-18

3 hours ago, Staigera said:

How do you know that? All YOU have is a speculative opinion that XRP will be €2 to €12 in a X amount of time. Your opinion on this matter is as valuable as someone who says €589 at the EOY. I don't know what the hell you have been reading in the last couple of weeks but as news about Swift and Ripple (which is more then just speculative noise) is coming out by the day a €589 EOY prediciton doesn't sound so crazy to me.

Oh you don't agree? Fine! then go ahead and stay with your ''logical'' valuation. Don't make me laugh all you people do is bash on others who are way more optimistic about their investment. 

No one gives 2 ****'s if you or this zerptime dude thinks it's is a pipe dream, because many here who do their due diligence of research knows whats about to come, and i can tell you that a measly €12 EOY valuation is a joke. 

First of all, you need to settle down. 

Second of all I didn’t make ANY prediction. I SAID that I dream of being profitable. As a holder of XRP and NO other crypto, I could not be more invested  

No need to lose your s**t over me. 🙄

2 hours ago, TheXRPer said:

So the CFTC governs, in this example, insider trading related to commodities? Thanks for going the mile with me. Learning every day. But doesn’t the SEC cover securities? And if so would the CFTC be more in line to go after RIPPLE since XRP is more like a commodity and not a security? Just checking for understanding.

54 minutes ago, Raz said:

So the CFTC governs, in this example, insider trading related to commodities? Thanks for going the mile with me. Learning every day. But doesn’t the SEC cover securities? And if so would the CFTC be more in line to go after RIPPLE since XRP is more like a commodity and not a security? Just checking for understanding.

CFTC doesn't govern, only enforces the law it was tasked with by Congress. 

They, like other federal agencies, usually get involved when a complaint is filed by someone or some organization. They open up an investigation to determine from the facts gathered if a violation has occurred within their jurisdiction. If so, they tender the complaint to the DOJ for prosecution.

To answer your question, the SEC enforces the law given to it by Congress related to securities.

And, whatever powers the federal government have not been granted tothem by the Constitution, is thereby allowed by the respective state to make via the legislative process. So there could be tort, case law or California regulatory agencies that might be able to enforce or proscute.

Edited by TheXRPer

5 minutes ago, TheXRPer said:

CFTC doesn't govern, only enforces the law it was tasked with by Congress. 

They, like other federal agencies, usually get involved when a complaint is filed by someone or some organization. They open up an investigation to determine from the facts gathered if a violation has occurred within their jurisdiction. If so, they tender the complaint to the DOJ for prosecution.

To answer your question, the SEC enforces the law given to it by Congress related to securities.

So with what you are saying, if someone complained about Ripple employees giving out hints that major moves are being made then which agency do you think would investigate since xrp has not been officially labeled?

Just now, Raz said:

So with what you are saying, if someone complained about Ripple employees giving out hints that major moves are being made then which agency do you think would investigate since xrp has not been officially labeled?

Whatever agency received the complaint must then investigate if a violation occurred. 

I work in the General Counsel's office of a publicaly traded company. One of the attorney's has a wife that clerked with CFTC and CPB. So I leaned a lot about how much exposure to a publicaly traded company has from the company's officers, spouses, attornies directors, managers, employees, contractors and their subcontractors can create just from a pervieced violation (someone casually talking about a new product release, due diligence into a new aquistion, etc...).

1 hour ago, TheXRPer said:

Whatever agency received the complaint must then investigate if a violation occurred. 

I work in the General Counsel's office of a publicaly traded company. One of the attorney's has a wife that clerked with CFTC and CPB. So I leaned a lot about how much exposure to a publicaly traded company has from the company's officers, spouses, attornies directors, managers, employees, contractors and their subcontractors can create just from a pervieced violation (someone casually talking about a new product release, due diligence into a new aquistion, etc...).

Dang man, never thought about it like that. Thank you so much for the knowledge and being willing to educate.

If I invested as much into Amazon back in the early 2000s (as I have into XRP), well my Amazon stock would have made a very good living for me through the last 18 years.  Think about that.  That for me is the dream investment - the one that keeps on giving, on a kind of slow release profit.  Sure, Amazon's had dips along the way, but its fundamentals have always been strong.

Alternatively, if I'd bought a much smaller amount of shares in Amazon in the half-expectation that Amazon's stock was going to moon-shot in a matter of months in 2000, I'd probably end up selling low in frustration early on in the game.  People look for clues all the time.  Well, one has been said by Garlinghouse over and over and over.  3 to 5 years.  3 to 5 years.  3 to 5 years.  Listen to him. 

Sure, XRP could moonshot in a matter of days or weeks.  We all know it could.  But - IMO - it's crazy to fixate on this possibility.  I plan as if it's possible, but not probable. 

The tech behind the iPhone was years in the making.  Amazon's logistics and setup was years in the making.   In my mind, if you see a break-through tech that will take years to unfold and manifest, it's the dream investment.  It's the one that will reward you over and over through the years.  Of course it's better to be rich tomorrow than in 5 years' time, but at the same time, it's far far better to be holding XRP for the next 5 years than selling out early (IMO).  I already put my money where my mouth is - I did sell out early, and very expensively bought back into my position again.  This time I'm determined to hold XRP as long as the grand plans take to unfold....of course I'll be taking profits, but slowly.   This is the dream investment so long as you hold long term...again, IMO.  This is not financial advice - heck it's not even entertaining :D

Edited by 2ndtimearound

11 minutes ago, 2ndtimearound said:

If I invested as much into Amazon back in the early 2000s (as I have into XRP), well my Amazon stock would have made a very good living for me through the last 18 years.  Think about that.  That for me is the dream investment - the one that keeps on giving, on a kind of slow release profit.  Sure, Amazon's had dips along the way, but its fundamentals have always been strong.

Alternatively, if I'd bought a much smaller amount of shares in Amazon in the half-expectation that Amazon's stock was going to moon-shot in a matter of months in 2000, I'd probably end up selling low in frustration early on in the game.  People look for clues all the time.  Well, one has been said by Garlinghouse over and over and over.  3 to 5 years.  3 to 5 years.  3 to 5 years.  Listen to him. 

Sure, XRP could moonshot in a matter of days or weeks.  We all know it could.  But - IMO - it's crazy to fixate on this possibility.  I plan as if it's possible, but not probable. 

The tech behind the iPhone was years in the making.  Amazon's logistics and setup was years in the making.   In my mind, if you see a break-through tech that will take years to unfold and manifest, it's the dream investment.  It's the one that will reward you over and over through the years.  Of course it's better to be rich tomorrow than in 5 years' time, but at the same time, it's far far better to be holding XRP for the next 5 years than selling out early (IMO).  I already put my money where my mouth is - I did sell out early, and very expensively bought back into my position again.  This time I'm determined to hold XRP as long as the grand plans take to unfold....of course I'll be taking profits, but slowly.   This is the dream investment so long as you hold long term...again, IMO.  This is not financial advice - heck it's not even entertaining :D

It may not have been all that entertaining....but it’s the perfect post. Thank you. I just wish people would listen. 👍🏻