Dwolla's Original Fed Faster Payment proposal

Love what Dwolla is doing. They're essentially a centralized payments network (think Visa or MasterCard) with much much lower fees. They would make a great ILP payment channel. Currently they have to operate on traditional financial rails rails . Direct settlement through ILP would be a game changer for them.

@enej Any chance you guys might integrate Dwolla as a funding option? Would be a great alternative to CC. I guess the advantage over traditional ACH might be ease of setup on your end (Dwolla ACH API) and potential of ILP or similar integration in the future. 

3 hours ago, cmbartley said:

I believe Ripple and Dwolla are working together... MyGlobal iD has integrated Dwolla into their platform.

If that's the logic, than Ripple is also working with Coinbase as well (they are integrated on MyGlobalID as well)

5 minutes ago, kanaas said:

If that's the logic, than Ripple is also working with Coinbase as well (they are integrated on MyGlobalID as well)

Agreed that the logic doesn't compute, but I wouldn't be surprised if both are working with Ripple. That's probably what @cmbartley meant. 

Edited by Xi195

16 minutes ago, kanaas said:

Reason why co-founder Fred Ersham is leaving Coinbase?

Lol. Another speculative adventure.

I doubt it's because he has beef with Ripple and Coinbase is adding it if that's what you're implying. He is remaining on their board after all  

The Coindesk article says he will likely be starting a new venture in the blockchain industry and that he believes the industry is at an "inflection point". With his background as a Goldman Sachs trader, and the fact that Ripple is the only blockchain platform with live commercial implementations, maybe he sees an opportunity to make markets. ? Who knows. 

Edited by Xi195

@kanaas @Xi195 ha ha, very true. Thin logic indeed! There was a real reason I thought Ripple was working with Dwolla but I cannot remember it now. Something to do with the Faster Payments Initiative... but even that was thin, just less thin. I'm pretty sure that Global iD is simply using open APIs to connect Coinbase and Dwolla. I wonder if they could connect Bitstamp through their API...