1 hour ago, WhentheBoat_ComesIn said:

I think  the possibility of “Turning Invoices into digital Assets” is a  really exciting idea.

Agreed - this has a lot of potential & I can see the larger corporates wanting to do this - the ones that are paid consistently like Walmart or Amazon. 

Huge market if you think about it, and it has the potential of speeding up the economy and getting that value back into circulation! 

1 hour ago, ErikNL said:

Thanks for not going deeper into SIBOS :) Enough said about that!

I agree with some analysts here that say it "will happen" at some point.

But "a watched pot never boils" if you know what I mean. 

9 minutes ago, Hodor said:

Agreed - this has a lot of potential & I can see the larger corporates wanting to do this - the ones that are paid consistently like Walmart or Amazon. 

Huge market if you think about it, and it has the potential of speeding up the economy and getting that value back into circulation! 

Couldn’t agree more.:JC_doubleup:

Thanks Hodor, great blog as always. One thing I really like about your blogs is they are always delivered on schedule and I know that the next one will be released next Tuesday ?

One thing I would like to add to your analysis regarding the Financial Stability Board is the fact that the Chair is Mark Carney, who is also Governor of the Bank of England (Ripple's partner).

I really liked what he said at the Bali Fintech conference yesterday, it's the similar statement as read in Financial Stability Board document.

https://twitter.com/IMFLive/status/1050268681794740224

I know that his position does not allow him to explicitly say that XRP would be the best way for cross border transfer of value, but I'm sure that is completely different thing when the mics are off.

2 minutes ago, Nihilist said:

the Chair is Mark Carney, who is also Governor of the Bank of England (Ripple's partner).

I'd temporarily forgotten about this connection - thanks for the reminder. 

That might be why the analysis was positive in the one area of cross-border value transfer...

3 minutes ago, Nihilist said:

I know that the next one will be released next Tuesda

Well, to tell the truth, I don't have a set schedule, but I aim for one every 4-5 days if I can manage to consolidate the news. 

Lately, it's been truly stretching my abilities.  It's like 'covering the major news for Google.'  I can try, but I know I'm missing some major items! 

17 minutes ago, Hodor said:

Lately, it's been truly stretching my abilities.  It's like 'covering the major news for Google.'  I can try, but I know I'm missing some major items!  

Don't worry about that. The good thing is that we have tons of good news lately

16_Tons.gif

Very much struck by the Turning digital invoices into assets.  I have suppliers that use factoring companies to release money on unpaid invoices (we always pay on time).  I think the factorers are banks like the Royal bank of Scotland and they charge about 3%.  It is a very widespread practice for companies that want to get their money faster than their customers pay.  A very big market!

WietseWind's ideas are incredibly forward looking.  I think he is on to something big.

Sibos -  We live in very exciting times.  It looks to me as if the dots have been joined at the Swell conference  and there is a momentum gathering. The Internet of Value, as conceived by Ripple, is now a small tidal wave.  

These last two months Ripple seems to be performing markedly better than other crypto.  This has been done against a background of scepticism and deliberate misinformation put out by people who are frightened of Ripple's agenda.  I imagine FUD is like a dam, it resists pressure, but if the dam/FUD fails all the water gets released at once.  The investors who have been conned by Bitcoin maximalists might transfer a flood of money out of old fashioned crypto into XRP.  We will see. Now is not a time to short XRP

Edited by Julian_Williams