Sign in to follow this  
BruceWhale

DZ Bank and Ripple

4 minutes ago, Magickarp said:

So, what are you trying to say?

I suspect Reise Bank to test Xrapid (live transaction in 8 seconds).
They seem to be very happy with their results.

But the point where it becomes interesting is that Reise Bank is a subsidiary of DZ Bank. And who's starting to talk about Ripple? DZ Bank.

It is possible that DZ let their subsidiary take the risk of testing Ripple net and Xrapid, they waited for the results. And if these are conclusive then they can implement Ripple net without any risk and without wasting time with tests / pilots

The author of the mentioned presentation, Dr. Udo Milkau - Chief Digital Officer, Transaction Banking, has talked about Ripple before.

Wouldn't put too much thought/value into this connection.

1 minute ago, Magickarp said:

The author of the mentioned presentation, Dr. Udo Milkau - Chief Digital Officer, Transaction Banking, has talked about Ripple before.

Wouldn't put too much thought/value into this connection.

And why is that ?

4 minutes ago, wihlow said:

And why is that ?

Why is what, the connection? 
People in crypto, and general too, have a nag to over analyse information. This may result in hype, expectations and disappointment 

Speculate all you want, I don't see a strong connection between a DZ Bank employee mentioning Ripple in a speech about blockchain and RZ Bank implementing xCurrent and xRapid.

well it is posted in the trading and speculation club, what did you expect?

3 minutes ago, Magickarp said:

Why is what, the connection? 
People in crypto, and general too, have a nag to over analyse information. This may result in hype, expectations and disappointment 

Speculate all you want, I don't see a strong connection between a DZ Bank employee mentioning Ripple in a speech about blockchain and RZ Bank implementing xCurrent and xRapid.

Ok, thanks !

18 minutes ago, xrp-overflow said:

Actually it is in General Discussion, isn't it?

Yeah, my bad, I reported myself to the mods :D

Thanks for the insider link @BruceWhale

I think the last slide is most interesting one.

The titel of this presentation is: 

Blockchain(s) and Potential Impacts on Reconciliation

and last page contains the conclusion:

A Conclusion As we approach the time of year for retrospectives and predictions, I find myself thinking a lot about the evolution of distributed ledgers in financial services. The past year has been instructive in shedding light on the future trajectory of the technology. …

This past year also brought more rational expectations over the technology's current capacity to achieve the scale and processing power needed for large-scale solutions. … … the industry has come to the realization that blockchain's potential isn't limitless and as companies focus on the nuts-and-bolts of development, applications need to demonstrate sufficient ROI and client value …

We've learned what works and what doesn't. We've seen the technology's limitations. And we understand that it is still very much a work in progress. … … the technology simply doesn't have the scale or capacity to match the robust processing engines that underpin the US capital markets today … But we also recognize that there will likely be many blockchain applications in use before it is ready to become the standard in a market as big as the US equities markets. …

Do I get it right, that we are mooning in Germany when "much work in progress" is finished? So lets say 2020 with 50/50 probability when you look at next sentence explaining that there is huge gap of "capacity or performance" to become a standard needed even for US markets?

Edited by Chris404
thanks for link

Sign in to follow this