Sign in to follow this  
ImBroke

What can we do as a community?

Part of the problem is just the high percentage of excitable kids that are involved with crypto currency and with them comes the hoard of trolls and other blathering idiots spamming memes and tropes all over social media sites.

Most of them are probably too inexperienced with Investments, and I fear that they will almost certainly sell at the wrong time, cause more FUD, and negativity react to the markets moves.

It takes a strong mind to hold through exponential growth and keep holding for years before even thinking about selling.

Of course, that is not to discourage people to sell any. By all means, make a plan and liquidate some, take some profits off the table.

I have several price points that will have me unspooling some to protect and reinvent into diversified assets.

People can write whatever they want. At the end of the day, all that matters is what YOU do.

Are You committed to the reasons as to why you first bought xrp? If yes, than to hell with what anyone else says, does, or thinks.

It is your money. Your life, your family and friends you need to look out for.

2 hours ago, Pablo said:

In my book, if someone is pushing the barrow that the prices will only go down from here (as some have been doing) based on disinformation then this should be called out as much as anyone making wild predictions in the other direction. Then there are users who deliberately set out to “inform” members with “facts” when it’s not requested and in a tone designed to upset. We shouldn’t allow that either.

Negative information campaigns are as prevalent as pump-a-dump scams. You’ll see waves of them come through XRPChat from time to time and see fights flare up. This will likely increase as the ability to short XRP increases because this market is completely unregulated so unsubstantiated or misleading FUD can go viral and become very profitable.

@Pablo I agree completely. 

I have stayed away from ANY and all price predictions long-term. 

What I have said is that I betieve that we won’t see any real action until three things happen:

1.  MANY more banks/payment providers/etc. begin to use XRapid and Ripple opens up MANY more corridors and exchange relationships. 

2.  When the big machine of ALL of the new exchanges (Bakkt, Fidelity, TD Ameritrade, etc) start really advertising. Remember 2002?  You couldn’t do anything or go anywhere without seeing advertising for online poker and it exploded. This will be 20x bigger than that and won’t just be in crypto chat rooms....it will be EVERYWHERE. 

3.  When the big investment firms start to tell people it’s safe. As soon as they start to say ‘listen, with a medium risk portfolio you are going to want 10-15% of that to be in crypto’. 

I believe that it will take two years for all of that to come into line. Until then?  I accumulate. 

Right now, anyone who is a risk taker...anyone who’s friends are into crypto, are already doing it. It’s the next level of investors we need to bring to the table....the really big level that is 50x bigger than what we are. None of them are ready to come in....not just yet. 

As always, just my two cents. 

@AllinXRP I think your No.1 will pick up pace in 2019, especially in the EU with PSD2 coming in to effect. Ripple’s API has been in the CA Technologies sandbox for PSD2 for some while now and I’m sure Temenos will be cheerleading it too, especially in Asia.

Looking forward to EOY 2019!

I am with you. I think there will be a lot more clarity at that point about where everything is headed. 

I wish I didn’t check CMC 50 times a day. I wish I could stop watching video and reading. I wish I could let it go and just check in, in a year. 

1 hour ago, trubbleinmind said:

nothing. if you find an asset you think is undervalued, why would you try and pump the price up before being able to accumulate as much as possible? the asset will prove its value on its own. 

I would say 100% of board members want the price to go down so we can buy more!

On 10/13/2018 at 4:26 PM, Flintstone said:

@Blubber I hope your concern extends down to those new investors that are expecting more than your prediction of $0.26 by mid 2019 and staying there forever!

My  prediction also included a late 2018 run-up after which it settled back down...

11 minutes ago, Blubber said:

My  prediction also included a late 2018 run-up after which it settled back down...

Come on, you can do better!

Too easy the above statement in a +14% day.

Sign in to follow this