Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ImBroke

What can we do as a community?

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, AlibabaGrp said:

Xrp community is divided

1- realistic people who don't overhype, know XRPs true value and are patient

2- 16 years olds with a bag of 500xrp who think xrp is gonna turn them into Dan Bilzerian by end of the year. So desperate, they'll believe anything. If Chris Larsen takes a **** and tweets, these kids will say XRP is being adopted by toilet companies

This made me lol so hard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The whole 589 thing, or shilling like that is what really got people in a bind buying at ATHs.  CNBC the "financial" news in the US was shilling XRP and telling people how to buy it near the ATH....similar situation.  

I look forward to the day when I can book my Uber with XRP, or buy a pizza either with my own XRP or if I knew it was being used in the background.  I would only use my own XRP if XRP was valued about two orders of magnitude greater then where it is currently (ie. tens of USD per coin).

I suppose you could get involved or people here could get involved in the XRP ecosystem further by exploring the use cases for the company or organization you work for.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2018 at 8:46 AM, Blubber said:

Get the mods to agree that this 589 blather is an embarrassing waste of space on their forum.

You may have noticed that we're locking them down but it's a game of whack-a-mole. I think the view is that it will dissipate after a while and those threads will drop off the radar.

As for community disharmony and increasing engagement, that won't happen until we see greater take-up of practical use-cases of XRP and Codius. XRP hodlers are, by and large, speculators and speculators can often be dreamers, kooks, visionaries or mad, bad and (often) downright sad. That's the current XRP community with maybe a handful of exceptions (e.g. Wietse, Cale, KarmaCoverage , brjXRP, Ozalphawolf etc). Don't go looking here for harmony and consensus. Most of us barely agree with ourselves!

To see the flip-side I suggest you take a look at the Codius sub and external forums - you see none of the craziness there. Just people knuckling down, trying to solve economic, regulatory and technical problems. Necessary work, but hardly the stuff of clickbait.

The rest of us are, as Galgitron put it so beautifully, just mad monkeys dancing on a slowly rising platform. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Function like robots, act without emotion and consider your investments gone..then when it all comes good you won't have wasted all of that unnecessary energy. .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pablo said:

You may have noticed that we're locking them down but it's a game of whack-a-mole. I think the view is that it will dissipate after a while and those threads will drop off the radar.

As for community disharmony and increasing engagement, that won't happen until we see greater take-up of practical use-cases of XRP and Codius. XRP hodlers are, by and large, speculators and speculators can often be dreamers, kooks, visionaries or mad, bad and (often) downright sad. That's the current XRP community with maybe a handful of exceptions (e.g. Wietse, Cale, KarmaCoverage , brjXRP, Ozalphawolf etc). Don't go looking here for harmony and consensus. Most of us barely agree with ourselves!

To see the flip-side I suggest you take a look at the Codius sub and external forums - you see none of the craziness there. Just people knuckling down, trying to solve economic, regulatory and technical problems. Necessary work, but hardly the stuff of clickbait.

The rest of us are, as Galgitron put it so beautifully, just mad monkeys dancing on a slowly rising platform. :)

Pablo,

I am concerned about the new or prospective investor who has heard or Googled that XRPchat is the largest chat site for the asset.  He/she probably won't be diving into the specialty topics off the bat but rather wants to get a sense of what the investor community is like and where there sensibilities lie.  Thankfully the play-pen of rocket ships and assorted nonsense has been largely contained and hidden, but all this blather about $589 by EOY would seem to be a poor introduction to the space, especially for someone who needs to learn fast.

I will admit that recently there has been far better tolerance of alternative opinion. A few months ago anything perceived to be not within the accepted catechism would bring a cascade of angry hornets tossing out adolescent and lazy tags like troll and  FUDster.  Well done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Blubber said:

Pablo,

I am concerned about the new or prospective investor who has heard or Googled that XRPchat is the largest chat site for the asset.  He/she probably won't be diving into the specialty topics off the bat but rather wants to get a sense of what the investor community is like and where there sensibilities lie.  Thankfully the play-pen of rocket ships and assorted nonsense has been largely contained and hidden, but all this blather about $589 by EOY would seem to be a poor introduction to the space, especially for someone who needs to learn fast.

I will admit that recently there has been far better tolerance of alternative opinion. A few months ago anything perceived to be not within the accepted catechism would bring a cascade of angry hornets tossing out adolescent and lazy tags like troll and  FUDster.  Well done.

You are so right!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Flintstone said:

@Blubber I hope your concern extends down to those new investors that are expecting more than your prediction of $0.26 by mid 2019 and staying there forever!

The thing is....Blubber has been making good points. I too feel like we won’t see any major increase until late 2019. That isn’t FUD, that isn’t crazy, that is much more likely than any major shooting to the stars. 

If you looking at my profile you will see that I am a recent addition to XRPChat....but the reason I can handle the ‘crazies’ is that I have been a regular on other forums in the past...and I am used to it. Somebody like my dad though?  If he came on here and read the crap, no amount of urging from any financial advisor, even a decade from now, would get him investing. 

I am going to check out the Codius sub-forum....anyone have a link?  That may be better for my blood pressure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, AllinXRP said:

The thing is....Blubber has been making good points. I too feel like we won’t see any major increase until late 2019. That isn’t FUD, that isn’t crazy, that is much more likely than any major shooting to the stars

So in the rage against the crazy $589 predictions, the alternative that @Blubber and you are offering to new investors, “ concerned” as you are for them to be distracted by rockets and 589 memes, is “ the feeling” it stays around $0.25 untill at least mid 2019 and maybe even longer.

All predictions are BS, and so are yours. 

Feelings, TA, black box algorithms, crystal balls, inside info, blah blah blah.

Attacking an outrageous opinion ($ 589) doesn’t make your own opinion more valuable. 

Climb of your high horse and start educating the newbies if you’re really as concerned as you both say you are @Blubber.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AllinXRP said:

The thing is....Blubber has been making good points. I too feel like we won’t see any major increase until late 2019. 

In my book, if someone is pushing the barrow that the prices will only go down from here (as some have been doing) based on disinformation then this should be called out as much as anyone making wild predictions in the other direction. Then there are users who deliberately set out to “inform” members with “facts” when it’s not requested and in a tone designed to upset. We shouldn’t allow that either.

Negative information campaigns are as prevalent as pump-a-dump scams. You’ll see waves of them come through XRPChat from time to time and see fights flare up. This will likely increase as the ability to short XRP increases because this market is completely unregulated so unsubstantiated or misleading FUD can go viral and become very profitable.

I and the other mods are mindful of that, as well as the desire to allow people to let off steam and joke about. That’s part of the appeal of XRPChat. As I’ve said many times before, there is plenty on this site that’s educative and well informed and many interesting members to follow if so inclined. 

If you’ll allow me some self-promotion, you could start here:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@AllinXRP Besides facts (Ripple and partner announcements) we’re left with research and speculation (XRPChat). Opinions will differ and when they do, a simple engagement like ‘why do you think that?’ would be enough to keep the forum civil.

Regarding your old man and any newbie, the 2 golden rules always apply - DYOR and affordable investing. Heck, I’d petition that to replace the XRPChat banner!

Blubber seems like an intelligent person when he puts out more than one sentence, but I have to agree with Ripple-Stiltskin’s last paragraph. 

Edited by Flintstone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...