WhentheBoat_ComesIn

Why #FasterPayments are good for #XRP Has Dilip Rao just given a clear signal that a SWIFT GPI integration with xRapid is on the cards?

11 minutes ago, Ryyy20 said:

Dilip Rao:

This document shows a TAS Gateway integration between Ripple and Swift. https://www.tasgroup.eu/partnering/network-gateway/network-gateway-partner-program-2017  is a reality AND

From the article: "In November 2018 SWIFTNet Instant will go live, enabling seamless connectivity to multiple clearing and settlement mechanisms (CSMs). This means customers will not have to build bespoke links to each system but will have access through a single user interface to multiple instant payments systems in Europe for both domestic and cross-border payments. This will include the TARGET Instant Payment Settlement (TIPS), commissioned by the Eurosystem, and RT-1, the instant payment service offered by EBA CLEARING."

Source: https://www.swift.com/news-events/news/swiftnet-instant-your-connectivity-for-real-time-payments

EBA Clearing is the network integrator for the pan-european fast payments network RT-1 (went live end of 2017) and has connected Ripplenet to RT-1. Read my earlier posts or please Google for verification.

Edited by cryptoxrp

I think people are missing these links: 

If Ripple has been integrating with other payment software providers, it’s going to be much bigger than any Swift partnership. My guess is that Swift GPI is simply an upgrade to messaging, to keep them as an option once SAP, Temenos etc go live with their new payment cloud solution. Banks/psp’s will have the option to use whatever solution they want (Swift GPI, Ripplenet, etc) giving them the option to use Swift or Ripple. In this case, it makes sense that Swift would rush to release GPI ASAP so that they aren’t left in the dust once the SAP/Temenos/Ripple solutions are rolled out. Give your customers the option to choose how they make payments, 10 times out of 10 they’ll choose the cheapest/fastest...

7 minutes ago, Ryyy20 said:

I think people are missing these links: 

If Ripple has been integrating with other payment software providers, it’s going to be much bigger than any Swift partnership. My guess is that Swift GPI is simply an upgrade to messaging, to keep them as an option once SAP, Temenos etc go live with their new payment cloud solution. Banks/psp’s will have the option to use whatever solution they want (Swift GPI, Ripplenet, etc) giving them the option to use Swift or Ripple. In this case, it makes sense that Swift would rush to release GPI ASAP so that they aren’t left in the dust once the SAP/Temenos/Ripple solutions are rolled out. Give your customers the option to choose how they make payments, 10 times out of 10 they’ll choose the cheapest/fastest...

Bagged it

39 minutes ago, DtotheK said:

He said cool our jets. Is he referring to how jets are cooled before blasting off into outerspace? If so, he practically is confirming swift integration.

Naw, it's a "crypt(ic)o" statement involving The Simpsons...

2063033797_ScreenShot2018-10-11at6_24_05PM.thumb.png.8188c7efb265082e0b3aa2622e137e7b.png

Edited by zerocool

Discussions like these need to be framed in such a way that they are able to be understood by the average layperson.

I like the overall sentiment and can see the potential.

You need to have a level head when planning around volatile assets etc.

Have an exit strategy, be prepared to be ready to load up when there is blood on the streets. You always want to have fresh powder to capitalize when these days come around.

2 minutes ago, spiras said:

Wait.. What????

what.png

(Of course this is just a joke.  Please don't take it seriously.)

You sure that's a joke? I have a strong feeling he tweeted this and removed it and now ya'll are saying it's a joke so he doesn't get in trouble....  I bet you he mistyped $985