Lookatmenow

Prepare To Beat The Odds

I may be overthinking this, but it was said that 5% of the world holds 95% of the money. If you were to give all that money to the bottom 95% , within a few years, the original 5% would have that money back. Could this all be a carefully calculated shift of that money to us 95% thru crypto? Because it is the bottom 95% that have the 1st mover advantage. Who in the bottom 95% knows how to manage wealth??? If so, I'm trying to beat those odds by learning as much as I can about managing wealth to be able to. Just incase I'm lucky enough to have that headache. 

1 minute ago, Lookatmenow said:

learning as much as I can about managing wealth

Good idea, but I don't think this is a calculated plan to shift money to the 95% of 'have-nots'. We are but a tiny few of the 95%, there are plenty who don't know a thing about crypto and many more who don't care to.

Well crypto has been a great opportunity to change your life. Probably one of the best in most of our lifetimes. Especially with the access to information that was never available in the past. I guess my point was fo spend more time learning about managing wealth, than worrying about daily value. Good things are coming, so when it does, keep it good.

hold your crypto for 4-8 years, have an exit strategy then implement suggestions in Money:Master the Game by Tony Robbins its pretty simple.  I'm planning on mimicking Ray Dalio's All Weather fund with the help of a fiduciary advisor and live off the dividends.  I don't waste time comparing myself to others and have no idea if that would put me in X% I just know what my goals are for me and my family.  

Most people need to budget and not buy into conspicuous consumer consumption.

Managing your income, getting out of debt, and saving for your retirement. These are some of the pillars of wealth and healthy prosperous living.

Diversify your assets.

Look for opportunities to learn and grow your knowledge base.

Surround yourself with people that want to enrich their own and your life. Take care of yourself and your family.

Making time for those you love is more important than anything you could ever buy.

14 hours ago, Lookatmenow said:

Well crypto has been a great opportunity to change your life. Probably one of the best in most of our lifetimes. Especially with the access to information that was never available in the past. I guess my point was fo spend more time learning about managing wealth, than worrying about daily value. Good things are coming, so when it does, keep it good.

If you become rich somebody else has to lose money,zero sum game. How do you think people who sold in January are now rich? Cause forumers here are holding their bags!

The only way to beat the odds is to sell higher than your average buy price.  The only way I know how to do that (as a layman) is to spend a lot of time in the market and not get phased by downturns in price.  And so, boringly, I keep holding.  Even if XRP is a failure, in a way, I did the right thing - I saw it right through to its demise.  That's the risk you take for those high rewards.  It's far worse to bottle it and sell early and then see XRP shoot up in price - that's how the 95% stay in the 95%.  Don't bottle it...hold on, these uncomfortable times is where you earn your reward. No high reward comes easy. 

Edited by 2ndtimearound

On 10/11/2018 at 9:02 AM, XRP-JAG said:

Summary: Top % of world wealth plan to transfer wealth to the plebs, so they can take it back again?

No, doubt it somehow....

No it's not that they are transferring the wealth. That was an example of what could happen if a person isnt prepared to manage wealth. There are so many people that have been blessed with big fortunes and mismanaged it to the point of being broke. There was a woman that was a billionaire and now is in her 60's broke. It's hard to imagine, but it happens..