Jump to content
AllinXRP

This Isn’t an XRP Drop

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, ade said:

One thing is clear from how much we dropped compared to eth, xrapid hasn’t had any affect on price as yet, it’s all still speculative. We’re a long way off yet. 

That's because although Ripple have made the software ready, the three institutions who will use it still have to activate it. Once this happens it will be clear to see the affect xRapid utilisation will truly bring.

I'm sure that once Mercury FX actual pull the trigger with xRapid they'll be sure to inform their customers that settlement can occur within seconds and not 'that day or the next'.

https://www.mercury-fx.com/about-us/how-it-works

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, cuber said:

That's because although Ripple have made the software ready, the three institutions who will use it still have to activate it. Once this happens it will be clear to see the affect xRapid utilisation will truly bring.

I'm sure that once Mercury FX actual pull the trigger with xRapid they'll be sure to inform their customers that settlement can occur within seconds and not 'that day or the next'.

https://www.mercury-fx.com/about-us/how-it-works

No kidding. The "that day or the next" is crazy to hear in 2018 from a FI. With pay pal I make ebay payments in seconds and the seller is free to send it as soon as they can. Money should (and soon will) move at the speed of the year 2018, not 1973.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, seasonal said:

No kidding. The "that day or the next" is crazy to hear in 2018 from a FI. With pay pal I make ebay payments in seconds and the seller is free to send it as soon as they can. Money should (and soon will) move at the speed of the year 2018, not 1973.

I still don't think Paypal payments have instant settlement. I don't use Paypal at all but i guess that most transactions are completed using credit card from / to the Paypal accounts of those involved with the transaction? Furthermore i guess that the funds then still have to be transferred from the receivers Paypal account into their nominated bank account. I would imagine that this still takes several days however the transaction is 'insured' as part of Paypal's security service and also the card issuer's protection policy.

Like i said though, i don't use Paypal so i could be off the mark here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, cuber said:

I still don't think Paypal payments have instant settlement. I don't use Paypal at all but i guess that most transactions are completed using credit card from / to the Paypal accounts of those involved with the transaction? Furthermore i guess that the funds then still have to be transferred from the receivers Paypal account into their nominated bank account. I would imagine that this still takes several days however the transaction is 'insured' as part of Paypal's security service and also the card issuer's protection policy.

Like i said though, i don't use Paypal so i could be off the mark here. 

I have sold many products on ebay, and i have no idea on the settlement process. But I do know it works fast. Maybe. Like you said it could be a matter of being insured. But paypal is EXPENSIVE (so is ebay).

If paypal isn't careful there may be a  XRP in their future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...