EWH2020

Swift GPI Plug-in and Ripple

I typically like Galgitron. But here his horse/jet analogy breaks down. The SWIFT GPI is made to integrate directly from the interface to systems like XCurrent/XRapid. They arent having to use the horse at all (hypothetically), they are attaching an airline terminal to the old barn. 

For the record, I am skeptical of a SWIFT/Ripple alliance. But - it is possible. Galgitrons objection here doesnt hold up for me. 

Edited by Undershoes

5 minutes ago, Undershoes said:

I typically like Galgitron. But here his horse/jet analogy breaks down. The SWIFT GPI is made to integrate directly from the interface to systems like XCurrent/XRapid. They arent having to use the horse at all (hypothetically), they are attaching an airline terminal to the old barn. 

For the record, I am skeptical of a SWIFT/Ripple alliance. But - it is possible. Galgitrons objection here doesnt hold up for me. 

Are you saying not an alliance, but still SWIFT building something that utilises XCurrent/XRapid technology?

The Airline terminal in your analogy has to be Ripple?

8 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

Are you saying not an alliance, but still SWIFT building something that utilises XCurrent/XRapid technology?

The Airline terminal in your analogy has to be Ripple?

Yes. I dont think it has to be an "alliance" (thought it could be). I would think it could simply be an interface to ILP/XCurrent/XRapid. That is the point and capability of the new SWIFT GPI. 

Analogies always breakdown at some point, and mine in this case was second-hand. I was simply pointing out that in Glagatrons original analogy he was implying that it was a "full" use of the old SWIFT system (horse, saddle, walk, etc) - when in reality the SWIFT GPI is built to break that model and integrate with external systems and technologies (such as Ripple, hypothetically). 

More details on the Swift API integration of Ripple with Tass Network Gateway, seems like a great way for Swift to stay relevant and give Ripple access to all their customers..

Swift Instant Payments Factsheet:   https://www.swift.com/file/47826/download?token=wYbAyJjQ

The factsheet shows the diagram for CSM participants. Within the diagram third-party/proprietary networks [Ripplenet]

From the factsheet: "Our messaging solution supports the use of the ISO 20022 standard which lies at the heart of any modern instant payment system. Furthermore, based on our unequalled expertise in the area of financial standardisation and ISO 20022, we can offer the community services and tools which support the design and implementation of local market practices for instant payments."

SO SWIFT IS ALREADY COMPATIBLE WITH THE ISO 20022 MESSAGING STANDARD (via it's messaging gateways)

Edited by cryptoxrp

What background this Galgitron have? Does he have a background in finance or software development?

7 minutes ago, mr_lazy85 said:

What background this Galgitron have? Does he have a background in finance or software development?

I don't think he has anything that warrants his level of confidence/arrogance.  I think he's just trying his hardest to carve out his "authority" persona in the XRP community amongst the new speculator twitter personas/YT video streamers that pop up daily.  It was funny today watching David Schwartz own him on Twitter.  You don't question the great one...

7 minutes ago, mr_lazy85 said:

I do not know.  He is intelligent and has a good way of visualising things with metaphor, in short he comes across as having an analytical mind with a lot of common sense.  I think these qualities are the sorts of qualities I trust.  On the whole I do not trust "experts" who have spent their whole lives in a narrow area of industry.

6 hours ago, cryptoxrp said:

More details on the Swift API integration of Ripple with Tass Network Gateway, seems like a great way for Swift to stay relevant and give Ripple access to all their customers..

Swift Instant Payments Factsheet:   https://www.swift.com/file/47826/download?token=wYbAyJjQ

The factsheet shows the diagram for CSM participants. Within the diagram third-party/proprietary networks [Ripplenet]

From the factsheet: "Our messaging solution supports the use of the ISO 20022 standard which lies at the heart of any modern instant payment system. Furthermore, based on our unequalled expertise in the area of financial standardisation and ISO 20022, we can offer the community services and tools which support the design and implementation of local market practices for instant payments."

SO SWIFT IS ALREADY COMPATIBLE WITH THE ISO 20022 MESSAGING STANDARD (via it's messaging gateways)

I am still trying to get my head around all these developments:  Do you think the big take away conclusion of all this is that SWIFT are adapting to fit in with "the Internet of Value" which was largely the invention of Ripple?  In doing so Ripple and SWIFT and many other institutions are sharing a single protocol for doing financial business.  They can all do business and remain independent of each other as long as they all agree on one common language for communication and financial transfer?

Everybody who stays outside these protocols will wither.  If this is what has happened these last few months we have been through a big watershed moment.

1 hour ago, XRPRealist said:

I don't think he has anything that warrants his level of confidence/arrogance.  I think he's just trying his hardest to carve out his "authority" persona in the XRP community amongst the new speculator twitter personas/YT video streamers that pop up daily.  It was funny today watching David Schwartz own him on Twitter.  You don't question the great one...

Do you have a link to that argument?