Sign in to follow this  
icebreath

The flippening with BTC has already happened

Bitcoin is so boring.  Lightning Network is dead on arrival....completely useless unless so many very specific and technical things all happen, and even then it can fail if one end of the payment channel isn't available online.  So let's talk Bitcoin...."Store of value innit"...."yeah"....**crickets**

13 minutes ago, mandelbaum said:

Now, insert Kardashian vs. Ripple instead of Bitcoin vs. Ripple; and become really depressed on behalf of the planet.

That's the beauty of it if they all knew we would not have this chance. And that's why you might become really wealthy. While  the rest of the planet will google search you under article names as.

"many pioneering investors in the digital asset xrp are early retired from the massive success of XRP"

2 hours ago, icebreath said:

If we look at the 12 months chart we already see that the difference is narrowing down. Do you see a real flippening in the next months?

chart6.thumb.png.aba24795fcfdf015183fae502b6d7a0e.png

This chart shows very little IMO. The others not so much either. 

We can see little narrowing down, but taken that the lowest point in this chart is zero, it shows the ratio between to charts poorly. 

I don't even know what Google trends mean.. what does it mean to be at 100 or 25 in this chart?

edit: BUT what we can (slightly) see here is the rising interest in Ripple and the decreasing interest in BTC during the last few months

Edited by Skippy

8 minutes ago, Skippy said:

We can see little narrowing down, but taken that the lowest point in this chart is zero, it shows the ratio between to charts poorly. 

I don't even know what Google trends mean.. what does it mean to be at 100 or 25 in this chart?

Google trends measures percentagewise, so it’s not linear. A small narrowing on the graph reflects a substantial move in absolute terms. 

From the first chart (shorter period) you can see that the interest in BTC is declining, whereas for XRP it stays relatively stable.

10 minutes ago, Skippy said:

It's not zero. The lowest point is 2 in this particular chart.

About what the 100 and 25 mean:

Interest over time

Numbers represent search interest relative to the highest point on the chart for the given region and time. A value of 100 is the peak popularity for the term. A value of 50 means that the term is half as popular. A score of 0 means there was not enough data for this term.

Taken from the Google Trends website

29 minutes ago, Hodor said:

Excellent analysis! 

Thanks

I just found out that you can combine search terms like Ripple + XRP and Bitcoin + BTC

These measure the searches for Ripple or XRP and combines them in one data.

I'll make an updated post with these terms used on the chart.

From the little i've seen the results are even more interesting and we have more countries surpassing Bitcoin now!

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today 1-m&q=Ripple %2B XRP,Bitcoin %2B BTC

From the Google support page:

tennis +squash   Results can include searches containing the words "tennis" OR "squash."

https://support.google.com/trends/answer/4359582?hl=en&ref_topic=4365530

Good job to OP, but I would hate to think that a crypto's success comes down to a popularity contest - Bitcoin's success is certainly evidence of this trend. Kim K might as well do her own coin then.

Edited by enrique11

Sign in to follow this