Sign in to follow this  
BeSeriousXRP

I give up

This is the reason why I chose to Hodl and keep it that way, i'll make myself ill if it bash the charts daily and panic over fluctuations, it just isnt worth it.

The way I see it is that I am buying xrp for pennies here, it isn't of much consequence to me whether the price rises or drops in the short term, it is completely out of my control. 

I enjoy coming here and reading the articles and contributing in any way I can, and yes I I do get excited when I see Ripple news and stuff, but I have to treat my own xrp as throw away, almost like a pack of cigarettes, so I purposely buy, add to wallet and forget. It did take me a long time to work out the difference between the buy and current price and to stop looking at this daily but it's all part of the education. I'm not a trader, I never will be and I'm ok with that. I firmly believe that xrp will in the future have significant value both in terms of price as a asset and also as it own entity. But I am prepared to wait for this and hope to look back in 5-10 years when I will still be relatively young and think ' wow I made the right choice there' and in part a lot of that will be down to you guys, for which I will always be thankful :)

1 hour ago, stevo7790 said:

This is the reason why I chose to Hodl and keep it that way, i'll make myself ill if it bash the charts daily and panic over fluctuations, it just isnt worth it.

The way I see it is that I am buying xrp for pennies here, it isn't of much consequence to me whether the price rises or drops in the short term, it is completely out of my control. 

I enjoy coming here and reading the articles and contributing in any way I can, and yes I I do get excited when I see Ripple news and stuff, but I have to treat my own xrp as throw away, almost like a pack of cigarettes, so I purposely buy, add to wallet and forget. It did take me a long time to work out the difference between the buy and current price and to stop looking at this daily but it's all part of the education. I'm not a trader, I never will be and I'm ok with that. I firmly believe that xrp will in the future have significant value both in terms of price as a asset and also as it own entity. But I am prepared to wait for this and hope to look back in 5-10 years when I will still be relatively young and think ' wow I made the right choice there' and in part a lot of that will be down to you guys, for which I will always be thankful :)

My way of thinking is the same, the market fluctuates so much that I can't keep up, I just buy and hodl. In five years if this takes off to the moon then I'll still be somewhat young still to enjoy it. 

Warren Buffet gave some sage advice regarding some of his early investments:

“I thought only of what the properties would produce and cared not at all about their daily valuations. Games are won by players who focus on the playing field—not by those whose eyes are glued to the scoreboard."

I think most of us here have invested in XRP on the strengths of its fundamentals. Despite the price fluctuations, I don’t believe the fundamentals have changed. If anything, they have gotten stronger. 2018 was a rough year for the whole crypto market, but I believe the worst is behind us.

Stay positive everyone!

1 minute ago, EthanHunt said:

Warren Buffet gave some sage advice regarding some of his early investments:

“I thought only of what the properties would produce and cared not at all about their daily valuations. Games are won by players who focus on the playing field—not by those whose eyes are glued to the scoreboard."

I think most of us here have invested in XRP on the strengths of its fundamentals. Despite the price fluctuations, I don’t believe the fundamentals have changed. If anything, they have gotten stronger. 2018 was a rough year for the whole crypto market, but I believe the worst is behind us.

Stay positive everyone!

Good reminder post.  Also Charlie Lee said "if you don't like the negative aspects of volatility, don't be an early adopter".  Don't really care for Charlie Lee, but it's a good point.  Volatility (early adoption) + good fundamentals = great potential for returns.  Also, what high reward investment is ever pain free? We need the bear markets to accumulate and then sell on the bull runs / established much-higher lows. 

1 hour ago, 2ndtimearound said:

Good reminder post.  Also Charlie Lee said "if you don't like the negative aspects of volatility, don't be an early adopter".  Don't really care for Charlie Lee, but it's a good point.  Volatility (early adoption) + good fundamentals = great potential for returns.  Also, what high reward investment is ever pain free? We need the bear markets to accumulate and then sell on the bull runs / established much-higher lows. 

"Volatility (early adoption) + good fundamentals = great potential for returns."  

This is a great way to look at it.

Sign in to follow this