Sign in to follow this  
vrippled

XRP-Enabled Platform for Content Creators, YouTube and Twitch Reports Burst of Sign Ups

From a user perspective Im actually more excited about Coil than XRapid.

To see micropayments in use is a lot more exciting from the POV of the general populace, than improving the efficiency of inter bank payments.

Streaming value like we stream info/video/audio etc is going to be HUGE in terms of widespread impact. Especially if you wrap the value data into the information data as Ive heard Stefan Thomas talk about before.

This could be big.... especially the way that youtube can demonetize videos if they don't fit their agenda.

Am I correct in saying payments go directly to the content creator and bypass youtube? Let the market decide who gets paid

4 minutes ago, coastal said:

This could be big.... especially the way that youtube can demonetize videos if they don't fit their agenda.

Am I correct in saying payments go directly to the content creator and bypass youtube? Let the market decide who gets paid

Was thinking that today. YT is going to have to get on board with this fast.

As an aside, I heard a podcast today from a VC investor saying one sign that an industry is maturing/reaching real world usage is that smaller innovators get bought up by bigger players. We ve seen  that in the internet  from YouTube to WeChat etc etc etc

I wonder if Coil takes off whether someone like YT/Google will try and buy the company. Just a passing thought rather than cold economic analysis.

Edited by XRPHornets

Sign in to follow this