Busting the SWIFT Hype

3 hours ago, SamIam said:

Alex - you clearly don't understand the functionality Swift GPI brings to the table. You also need to take the time to research Service Release 2018 which is mandatory by November 20th. People donate a lot of money to you to help them understand this, and you're really letting them down in my opinion.

Then there's this:

https://youtu.be/6surVDuYkEQ

A swipe and a plug in the same post, and all before your tenth post, that's skills. Where exactly should I have my attorney contact you when my XRP isn't 1200$ in March, or my 20$ doesn't turn into 36K? Seriously man, I respect your right to have a voice, but some of the stuff you're putting out there is irresponsible and its going to be damaging to some of the weaker and possibly mentally ill people in crypto. You need to re-think some of the things you're putting out there.

1 hour ago, LilBender said:

There is no need to think too much about it.

SWIFT offers a messaging tool. Ripple offers a better messaging tool (Actually two, xVia being a unidirectional tool while xCurrent is bidirectional)

SWIFT offers no settlement tool. Ripple offers a settlement tool. 

Ripple could make their settlement tool platform agnostic by letting any messaging tool plug into Ripplenet and use their settlement tool (xRapid).

This does not require a "Partnership" with SWIFT. 

but XRP are a software company that provides solutions, they are not trying to be a replacement SWIFT, there software just replaces the need for banks to use SWIFT.   SWIFT are a settlement gateway that need help from a software company, it is obvious that they should approach Ripple and ask them to help them through there problems.  SWIFT should become clients of Ripple, not sure if that would be a "partnership"

Edited by Julian_Williams

7 minutes ago, slinuxuzer said:

A swipe and a plug in the same post, and all before your tenth post, that's skills. Where exactly should I have my attorney contact you when my XRP isn't 1200$ in March, or my 20$ doesn't turn into 36K? Seriously man, I respect your right to have a voice, but some of the stuff you're putting out there is irresponsible and its going to be damaging to some of the weaker and possibly mentally ill people in crypto. You need to re-think some of the things you're putting out there.

You're putting money in crypto and you're an adult. No one's held you at gunpoint to buy XRP. If you're so naive to believe someone without using your brain first, you need to do some re-thinking yourself too.

8 minutes ago, slinuxuzer said:

Despite the fact that I may agree with you about the content of certain videos, you contraddict yourself here.

First you respect his right to have a voice, then you state "you need to..".

12 minutes ago, Yodaxrp said:

Despite the fact that I may agree with you about the content of certain videos, you contraddict yourself here.

First you respect his right to have a voice, then you state "you need to..".

That's no contradiction, he can for sure say whatever he likes, no matter how irresponsible, inaccurate, or malicious. The next part of what I said is stating my opinion, that I think he should reconsider what he is saying, I think he should re-evaluate his motives and if he truly believes XRP is going to be 1200$ by March, or is he just trying to tell people what they want to hear.

I personally don't think that he believes what he is saying, I think he knows telling people what they want to hear will gain more subscribers, if he actually believes XRP is destined for some instant moonshot between now and the end of March, then I propose the following:

We can make a bet, he can set the stakes and the amount he believes XRP will hit and I'll take the under on any line he sets.

Yes, I am in fact calling this guy out. This is a challenge and one I'll be very surprised if he accepts.

@SamIam

Edited by slinuxuzer

2 minutes ago, slinuxuzer said:

I think he should reconsider what he is saying

That's a different and non imperative formulation (need vs I think he should) which I can totally support.

5 hours ago, mr_lazy85 said:

well watch how Marjan Delatinne handled the SWIFT question some time ago and think about what she really said. 

From 3' 22" to 3' 51" is, it seems to me, very telling: a perceptive observation followed by a short and succinct answer, and Marjan Delatinne's body language is nothing short of "et voila!"

Time will tell, of course, but it strikes me that Marjan Delatinne must have had good reason to leave SWIFT (after nearly a decade in their employ) for Ripple, and then to go straight from Sales Director, Europe to Global Head of Banking in just under two years would suggest that she knows something that neither we, nor the interviewer, nor, indeed, Alex Cobb knows... 

Me, I'm HODing while the markets decide.  Live long and prosper. 

I am half anticipating seeing a messaging service (Swift GPI) where you enter your desired transaction, select a method of settlement which I think xRapid will be one of those as well as traditional methods/rails at which point it would confirm all costs and let you process the transaction. I don't think we will see an instant shift but xRapid will slowly rise to the top due purely to performance. I can't imagine the change will be forced but more optional, so whilst it won't be a flick of a switch I would expect a fast rise to adoption through a method like this.

I'm trying to put my price hat aside as it says "too good to be true" and look at the situation objectively from both companies perspectives, but it seems to me it is just an obvious move.