Busting the SWIFT Hype

Really don't understand the change of heart Alex. For me it sounds plausible when I first thought about a partnership between Ripple and Swift. In February my wife and I had a propsperous discussion and I said the best partnership right now would be Swift and Ripple together instead of Amazon and Ripple. Everybody around me was laughing at me but who cares. BTW my wife did not she supports me. Then I saw your video and thought he more people thinking that way and now you completely turned.

Wow I don;t understand the change of heart. Could you elaborate Alex.

I don't really say an awful lot and spend most of my time reading but thought I'd chip in here.

I'm still believing there could be something here. Of course we have no hard proof of any integration but do swift or ripple really need to announce anything? There is absolutely a world where the two could co exist certainly in the near term and I think it would be beneficial for both parties.

If swifts gpi software is built with a third party api available to it then why not? Even if that had multiple settlement options we know over time xrp will naturally rise to the top of the pile if not straight away. 

The community is split on this one and the fact of the matter is it really is open ended. I've seen and heard more convincing arguments for than against. I dont think we will see an announcement of partnership but an announcement of the ability to use third parties for settlement. Let's just see what November brings. Put this story to bed once and for all.

9 minutes ago, JimmyTXRP said:

I don't really say an awful lot and spend most of my time reading but thought I'd chip in here.

I'm still believing there could be something here. Of course we have no hard proof of any integration but do swift or ripple really need to announce anything? There is absolutely a world where the two could co exist certainly in the near term and I think it would be beneficial for both parties.

If swifts gpi software is built with a third party api available to it then why not? Even if that had multiple settlement options we know over time xrp will naturally rise to the top of the pile if not straight away.

The community is split on this one and the fact of the matter is it really is open ended. I've seen and heard more convincing arguments for than against. I dont think we will see an announcement of partnership but an announcement of the ability to use third parties for settlement. Let's just see what November brings. Put this story to bed once and for all.

Don't remember the exact video ....but it was a woman working for ripple....i believe maybe the accountant?... anyway one of the things that stuck in my head was a comment about trade secrets... and the importantace of them...in short i took it as we can do X.....and charge you Y.... and how we do that cheap is more or less non your bussiness.  So people keep expecting annoucment.....think a better indicatior may be volume? personally dont expect corporation CASHMONEY to announce to the world how they either saved money using xrapid, or offer a more competative product using it.....in short.... don't expect announcments that often and take them with a grain of salt.

well watch how Marjan Delatinne handled the SWIFT question some time ago and think about what she really said. 

11 minutes ago, mr_lazy85 said:

well watch how Marjan Delatinne handled the SWIFT question some time ago and think about what she really said. 

This is one example of a suggestion that the two could be "complimentary". One messages and one settles value. The interviewer hits the nail on the head too suggesting the messaging service could remain from swift and ripple gets added to the equation. There is no refusal of this and it certainly would not surprise me if it became reality. It does feel a little too good to be true from a financial perspective but put yourself in both CEO's shoes. It totally makes sense.

Edited by JimmyTXRP