Mcripple

What do we make of Ripple exhibiting at SWIFT

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, BUT if Swift were to adopt Xrapid. Would that mean that in one fell swoop Ripple would have added nearly every bank in the world by simply getting Swift to use Xrapid? Instead of having to go sign up banks one by one, and convert them away from Swift. 

3 minutes ago, MUsince96 said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, BUT if Swift were to adopt Xrapid. Would that mean that in one fell swoop Ripple would have added nearly every bank in the world by simply getting Swift to use Xrapid? Instead of having to go sign up banks one by one, and convert them away from Swift. 

The way I see it would be that the swift interface would stay the same and then plugin to ripples suite in the backend. 

As stated by other players, ripple had attended sibos in the past but I don't know if they were allowed to "display" anything so maybe that might be the difference! 

Random question, does anyone know if IBM and Ripple were once partners or are currently partners? I saw an old documented source (2016), stating that! 

41 minutes ago, kryptoroi said:

As stated by other players, ripple had attended sibos in the past but I don't know if they were allowed to "display" anything so maybe that might be the difference! 

Random question, does anyone know if IBM and Ripple were once partners or are currently partners? I saw an old documented source (2016), stating that! 

Ripple has contributed to the Blockchain World Wire and Hyperledger (The latter not specifically being created by IBM) and could be a potential resource if IBM takes off and customers decide to use. I wouldn't think much into them right now. Not a lot of significant news currently.

Is Sibos an actual SWIFT sponsored or coordinated conference?  From what I read it's a conference organized by SWIFT.  I speak from experience when I say this and this may absolutely  mean nothing in this case but typically you don't invite your competition to conferences your holding where your customers or potential customers will be in attendance.  You do on the other hand invite your partners.  I will leave that there, if you want to speculate that's on you but just applying logic here.  Would you expect to see Apple at an MS show (Oh unless they have some products they share across platforms or a upcoming project their working on.  I never saw a Ford booth at a GM trade show.  

In 2017 there was a bit of a kerfuffle when Ripple wanted a bigger stand at Sibos, Swift did not allow that so Ripple had cars outside SIBOS to bring potential customers to another bigger venue in the same town as SIBOS, Toronto. This was Swell.

If there is a link, we should probably look at Temenos and SAP. They could integrate boh SWIFT GPI and the XRP ledger. Their reach is so massive that they would have the power to bring Ripple and SWIFT together around a table. This is a massive; "probably not" though.

Edited by mandelbaum

1 hour ago, RikkiTikki said:

Is Sibos an actual SWIFT sponsored or coordinated conference?  From what I read it's a conference organized by SWIFT.  I speak from experience when I say this and this may absolutely  mean nothing in this case but typically you don't invite your competition to conferences your holding where your customers or potential customers will be in attendance.  You do on the other hand invite your partners.  I will leave that there, if you want to speculate that's on you but just applying logic here.  Would you expect to see Apple at an MS show (Oh unless they have some products they share across platforms or a upcoming project their working on.  I never saw a Ford booth at a GM trade show.  

This is not a new development, Ripple have been exhibiting at Sibos for several years.

Ripple are a software company providing solutions SWIFT are a company in need of a solution . To me it seems obvious that they should/will work together. 

15 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

This is not a new development, Ripple have been exhibiting at Sibos for several years.

Ripple are a software company providing solutions SWIFT are a company in need of a solution . To me it seems obvious that they should/will work together. 

That is pretty much what I am saying but who knows.  I just wanted to clarify if the Sibos event was truly a SWIFT organized event, if so it gives more credence to a partnership between the two as I said whether their making software, or Hello Kitty wristbands you don't invite your competition to an event you sponsor and give them a booth but you definitely do this for partners and potential partners.  This is nothing technical that's just business sense there.

Edited by RikkiTikki