flanman

Tracking xRapid transactions

I haven't. I've been looking for any clues, I've seen that if the payment volume increases then that is a good sign but I really don't know what is what

Can you track them?  I hope not...banks likely wouldn't have any interest in using a system in which their competitors or even us regular folk can track their payments.

Was distracted by SEC before as it related to Ripple, but now can focus on more important things.   Anyway, I'm hoping Xrapid is a layer-two solution with private transactions, a network that can do off-xrp ledger transactions in very large volume (faster than xrp network) and then can interface with XRP network  to submit them onto the XRP ledger in a shielded fashion so the senders and receivers can't be figured out on the XRP ledger.

Edited by enrique11

I'd say it's pretty much impossible to track them, since the potential movement of XRPs on XRP Ledger happen between wallets belonging to crypto exchanges. Everything else related to xRapid will be off-ledger. For the most paranoid ones there are mixing services available for XRP transactions

7 hours ago, enrique11 said:

Can you track them?  I hope not...banks likely wouldn't have any interest in using a system in which their competitors or even us regular folk can track their payments.

Was distracted by SEC before as it related to Ripple, but now can focus on more important things.   Anyway, I'm hoping Xrapid is a layer-two solution with private transactions, a network that can do off-xrp ledger transactions in very large volume (faster than xrp network) and then can interface with XRP network  to submit them onto the XRP ledger in a shielded fashion so the senders and receivers can't be figured out on the XRP ledger

Xrapid is not a layer 2 solution it's just a product of ripplenet. I think what you are referring to is payment channels which are a layer 2 solution and can run many more transactions than on ledger. Although I do not know about a privacy feature, I agree that would be very helpful. Also another option as well is the ILP. I don't have much information on ILP but it sounds like a possible solution to what you are referring to

I'd use a bit more refined metrics than the total payment transaction count...

For example you could count the XRP transactions between off-ledger exchanges and even try to correlate them with trading data they publish - if there was an 1000 USD XRP buy on one end, then a transaction for ~1000 USD woirth of XRP to bitso and then a ~1000 USD sell for MXN on their XRP books, that likely was xRapid in action. Even tracking the inter-exchange XRP payments though would already show a much clearer picture, it isn't even that hard to get this data (but not readily available on a website so far).