Sign in to follow this  
johnlogan

Why dont people buy more?

7 minutes ago, 2ndtimearound said:

That's how I see it - if XRP doesn't ever go above $1 over a sustained period then it's a failed concept anyway. 

Many argue that XRP is at its max potential now. That 50 cents is as good as it will ever be. One tinge is for sure. I will buy more when we hit 20 cents again. 

3 hours ago, Riseup said:

The question that you should ask is this: Why large companies mostly rick people who got rich by investing money dont buy shitload of xrp ?

Now we know there are people who are a lot smarter regarding investing then average joe who holds crypto. There are also people invested into strange schemens (some might say fraud way) because they knew they will earn money. Some people has good nose for money and are rich as hell. Why dont those people invest into some crypto coin. Those are question that are i think more important then "why average joe doesnt buy"

I think established rich people are more into wealth preservation than creation.   Sure, some rich people are incredibly acquisitive and will seek those big gains with big stacks, but I venture that many (most?) rich people get to a certain level of wealth and then they want to preserve that level.    That means lower risk investments, including maybe putting a tiny amount into crypto as a way to diversify/gamble a small amount away.  No WAY will they be putting 10% of their wealth into crypto unless they're absolute cryptoheads like the twinkletoe twins.

Because I've accumulated enough for my liking. Enough is enough and my risk appetite doesn't let me buy more. 

Besides, if we ever reach +$10 i'll make a nice sum of money, so why would I increase my risk even further? 

53 minutes ago, 2ndtimearound said:

Rich people get to a certain level of wealth and then they want to preserve that level.    That means lower risk investments, including maybe putting a tiny amount into crypto as a way to diversify/gamble a small amount away.  No WAY will they be putting 10% of their wealth into crypto unless they're absolute cryptoheads like the twinkletoe twins.

I know rich people (assuming people with $3m+ count?) with more than 10% of their wealth in crypto... I guess if you’re talking about the average rich person with no understanding of crypto at all then I agree though.

Edited by JA8

4 hours ago, Riseup said:

The question that you should ask is this: Why large companies mostly rick people who got rich by investing money dont buy shitload of xrp ?

Now we know there are people who are a lot smarter regarding investing then average joe who holds crypto. There are also people invested into strange schemens (some might say fraud way) because they knew they will earn money. Some people has good nose for money and are rich as hell. Why dont those people invest into some crypto coin. Those are question that are i think more important then "why average joe doesnt buy"

Well, actually they do. They are not always visible though. A lot of them having between 2 to 20 million USD. Some of them you can even see on twitter, but you have to read their other (non-XRP) tweets to really understand how much money they have.

For people who have already invested:   They have accumulated enough XRP and are reaching their maximum level of risk exposure based on current reward/risk analysis to date.  For those who bought at the wrong time initially, there has been plenty of time for those to dollar cost average and bring down their average purchase cost basis.  Then of course there are those who are over leveraging themselves and are tapping out on resources to purchase more xrp.  All of these types of investors will come up with a reason to purchase more if prices drop further more.

For institutions:  Still pending regulatory certainty and platforms to invest with.  This continues to be a work in progress and is slowly developing into the right direction.

Banking: Still unknown to what degree of purchasing banks will eventually pursue.

For those who no longer invest in crypto: More people lost money on crypto than made money.  Those who came on board during the last bull run got burnt, and most of them want nothing to do with crypto.  They will be back again after prices have gone up considerably.

The Average Joe:  Cryptowhat? Blockchain?  XRP?  Are you okay, son?  While many households have heard of blockchain/bitcoin/xrp, hardly any of them understands how it works and the solutions that they strive to provide.  Throw in all the barriers to entry into bitcoin, let alone xrp, along with the mainstream FUD and 90% will say forget about it.  ETF's, defined regulations, Ripple's milestones will continue to bridge this giant adoption gap.  This will snowball into putting pressures into banks and institutions to adopt as well.

Old Money:  Is not very interested, though that is slowly trending upwards as well.  They will wait to see what the banks and institutions do.

Edited by ManBearPig

3 hours ago, DQA said:

Because I've accumulated enough for my liking. Enough is enough and my risk appetite doesn't let me buy more. 

Besides, if we ever reach +$10 i'll make a nice sum of money, so why would I increase my risk even further? 

You can never have enough XRP!

15 hours ago, Riseup said:

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Institutional buyers and wealthy individuals most certainly are stocking up but you won't find them talking about it on forums and twitter. And they tend to do it OTC. 

Sign in to follow this