Exarpee

Zb Exchange volume growth in last 3 days - why?

Hi, 

I've noticed a disproportionate increase in XRP trade volume on Zb exchange over the last three days - accounting for 20.8% of traded volume in the last hour.

Any thought's why? Is it just a disproportionate amount of weekend traders or is there some news that I haven't seen? 

Last 1hr: 2.6m USD (20.8% of traded volume)

Last 24hr: 58.7m USD (17.6% of traded volume)

Last 3 days: 153m USD (12.1% of traded volume)

Last 7 days: 197m USD (4.2% of traded volume)

Last 30 days: 1.45 B USD (7.5% of traded volume)

Thanks.

Yeah, strange ... 95% of their volume is XRP/BTC ... IIRC, ZB (zb.com) is a Chinese P2P exchange ...

Earlier this year a few times some dumping events/incidents originated out of the blue @ ZB ...

Edited by Rey

Okay... I think I'm there now...

This increase is proportionate to the JPY increase over the same timeframe.  It must be a reaction to the Japan XRapid announcement - local trading partner and all. The fact that this announcement is having more of an impact on the local trading exchanges is great. It may show others are undervaluing the importance.

It's a Chinese exchange that's growing quickly though so will be interesting to track their take up of XRP.

56 minutes ago, Exarpee said:

Hi, 

I've noticed a disproportionate increase in XRP trade volume on Zb exchange over the last three days - accounting for 20.8% of traded volume in the last hour.

Any thought's why? Is it just a disproportionate amount of weekend traders or is there some news that I haven't seen? 

Thanks.

20% of zb volume is xrp or 20% of xrp volume is zb?

that’s the question :D

i might have misunderstood :D

19 minutes ago, Rey said:

Yeah, strange ... 95% of their volume is XRP/BTC ... IIRC, ZB (zb.com) is a Chinese P2P exchange ...

Earlier this year a few times some dumping events/incidents originated out of the blue @ ZB ...

Right. I did hear about them..

1 hour ago, Exarpee said:

Hi, 

Thanks.

Did you contact the exchange to ask them? What did they say?

No I didn't.

I looked into it trading volumes because I had expected a drop in price post Swell to 44c and it wasnt happening.

I'd suggest now the disproportionate volume on Zb is just increased trading as a result of the XRapid Japan launch news... it doesnt warrant a question anywhere. ( I probably shouldnt have asked it here!) IMHO At any other time this may have increased prices. Once the excitement on this dies down on Zb and Jpy & KWN exchanges I expect the price to test 44c & perhaps lower - untill we see some real XRapid use. 

I'm no trader and could imagine lots of people disagreeing with me. Which I'd be happy to hear...

2 hours ago, DD_XRP said:

Good find. 

Who knows who they are? Never heard of before..

They're owned by another Chinese exchange, CHBTC. Opened during the time China was cracking down on domestic crypto trading. 

Edited by jcdenton

When XRP first pumped at the beginning of September, ZB.com was had the highest trading volume according to livecoinwatch.com.... I thought it was strange because I had never heard of it. And then during the big upward move that happened pre-swell ZB.com was all the way on the bottom of the volume list. 

Weird right?

3 hours ago, DD_XRP said:

20% of zb volume is xrp or 20% of xrp volume is zb?

that’s the question :D

i might have misunderstood :D

Right. I did hear about them..

zb610.png

2 hours ago, djn121 said:

When XRP first pumped at the beginning of September, ZB.com was had the highest trading volume according to livecoinwatch.com.... I thought it was strange because I had never heard of it. And then during the big upward move that happened pre-swell ZB.com was all the way on the bottom of the volume list. 

Weird right?

ZB giveth and ZB taketh away

Thanks Zerptime... I had searched for Zb before posting - rather than zb.com.

Nonetheless, it is interesting that there was low activity pre swell and high activity post XRapid Japan announcement. Perhaps its not the pump group some of the comments I've just read suggest. It appears to be 5th now in exchangebl size and growing quickly.

Thanks for all your replies.