ImTheRippler

Intro to Commodities

I didn't know much about commodities trading but now that we know digital assets are commodities I wanted to do some research. This video illustrates a lot of ways it makes perfect sense that XRP and other Digital Assets are commodities, with many clear analogues to the crypto market in the trading and custody areas.

I could see a 4th category being created for crypto assets in the future.

Edited by ImTheRippler

This is interesting. It makes a case that speculative volume could actually persist in digital assets. I have been trying to figure out who will be taking the most XRP out of circulating supply in the future. I figured it would be market makers. FI's and banks will all be hedged so no impact from them. Speculators today are far and away the largest group of holders, and maybe that will continue into the future longer that I thought. The long term speculation on XRP, 10, 20 year down the road wont be on adoption, that will already be baked into the price. The future speculation of XRP will be much like a commodity, dependent on current events, politics, supply and demand.

56 minutes ago, xrpsailor1 said:

This is interesting. It makes a case that speculative volume could actually persist in digital assets. I have been trying to figure out who will be taking the most XRP out of circulating supply in the future. I figured it would be market makers. FI's and banks will all be hedged so no impact from them. Speculators today are far and away the largest group of holders, and maybe that will continue into the future longer that I thought.

I've seen this mentioned more and more this year, especially from people in finance. Fundstrat for example compared how many times a dollar is turned over before it's used with how many times crypto is turned over before it's used. Can't remember the exact numbers and I'm on mobile, but the crypto number was a tiny fraction. Hard to believe for us, but from their point of view, speculation is actually still low.