Sign in to follow this  

[SPECULATION] INDIA to completely adopt Ripple Net and leave Swift

1 hour ago, Paradox said:

Again, I don't care what any media outlet says.   The US will not sanction India.   They will grant a waiver to save face and move on.   The US needs as many partners as they can in Asia, and will not risk "upsetting the apple cart" over a weapons purchase.

A top Pentagon official said US cannot guarantee it will provide India a waiver from sanctions if India purchases weapon and defense systems from Russia:
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-india-defense/india-not-guaranteed-us-sanctions-waiver-for-russian-missiles-official-idUSKCN1LE2AU

1 hour ago, kryptoroi said:

... But the only problem is, I don't know how the USA will handle an American company, working with other nations in order to bypass American sanctions! 

This. IF, and only if the US impose sanctions via SWIFT, a belgian company, what's to stop them from doing it via ripple, which is an american company? 

1 hour ago, Tripple said:

I'm not even going to delve into the irrelevance of the SWIFT network to the US imposing (completely fictional) unilateral sanctions on a particular country

I agree with the rest of your post, but isn't the EU considering alternate payment rails right now because the US is using SWIFT to enforce sanctions against Iran?  Or do I have that situation mixed up?

6 minutes ago, Danny said:

A top Pentagon official said US cannot guarantee it will provide India a waiver from sanctions if India purchases weapon and defense systems from Russia:
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-india-defense/india-not-guaranteed-us-sanctions-waiver-for-russian-missiles-official-idUSKCN1LE2AU

Again, this is all posturing.  Let me know when actual sanctions come down on India instead of the usual tough-talk.   I have a feeling you will be waiting a long time.....

1 minute ago, Muellhart said:

This. IF, and only if the US impose sanctions via SWIFT, a belgian company, what's to stop them from doing it via ripple, which is an american company? 

SWIFT is currently the 'plumbing' for international payments. It's not imposing anything. The US will be lobbying to place nations/entities on certain sanctions lists composed by regulatory bodies, which then might prevent payments from happening because of the sanction screening process that SWIFT offers.  Not all entities even adhere to the same lists.

Just now, Paradox said:

Again, this is all posturing.  Let me know when actual sanctions come down on India instead of the usual tough-talk.   I have a feeling you will be waiting a long time.....

let me set reminder for this post. will remind you for sure bcoz US has Trump....lol?

2 minutes ago, Tripple said:

SWIFT is currently the 'plumbing' for international payments. It's not imposing anything. The US will be lobbying to place nations/entities on certain sanctions lists composed by regulatory bodies, which then might prevent payments from happening because of the sanction screening process that SWIFT offers.  Not all entities even adhere to the same lists.

image.thumb.png.88ad7eae52b09697192f6e51d0a8529e.png

This for you ..if Image not clear then refer to link : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Society_for_Worldwide_Interbank_Financial_Telecommunication#Use_in_sanctions

1 minute ago, Kaneki2390 said:

let me set reminder for this post. will remind you for sure bcoz US has Trump....lol?

Do it.  As I said before I will gladly admit I was wrong if sanctions are actually enforced against India.   Yes the US has Trump, but sanctions are the responsibility of the US Congress and not the president (thankfully).   My guess is you will also see a very different US Congress after November elections.....

3 minutes ago, Tripple said:

SWIFT is currently the 'plumbing' for international payments. It's not imposing anything. ...

Yes. That's why I wrote

12 minutes ago, Muellhart said:

...if the US impose sanctions...

Also: I agree with the rest of your post.

OP is correct. Sanctions were created and placed on Russian arm sales for buyer and receiver by both parties in congress due to "election meddling". Trump just passed them due to political pressure from both sides.

It's a flat sanction you do this you get this punishment on any military arms sale to hurt Russian bottom line and slow the spread of advanced air space denial systems. 

Not saying the OP India statement is correct but he is correct in saying India would meet financial issues in some form. Turkey started buying Russian arms being in Nato and look what happened to the lira. China same deal.

These are auto sanctions not just on someone's whim or feeling and were designed to essentially undercut Trump from not enforcing them if he was in fact working with Russians. 

Reuters--"

The United States has said countries trading with Russia's defence and intelligence sectors would face automatic sanctions under a sweeping legislation called Countering America’s Adversaries Through Sanctions Act (CAATSA).

A State Department spokesperson said this week that the implementation of the sanctions act would be focused at countries acquiring weapons such as the S-400 missile batteries.

Last month, the United States imposed sanctions on China's military for its purchase of combat fighters as well as the S-400 missile system it bought from Russia this year.

India is hoping that President Donald Trump's administration will give it a waiver on the weapons systems which New Delhi sees as a deterrent against China's bigger and superior military". 

Edited by keybordem

AK-74 is not a bad rifle. S400's probably the best missile system India can purchase. The U.S. may not sell them an anti-stealth missile system, but the russians would. Iran has a stealth drone that they can now study and copy. I don't know, but the world's tech is getting to good for war. We should implemented international war regulations that the only weapon that can be used is stick. That way we skip Einstein’s prediction.

14 minutes ago, peanut56 said:

AK-74 is not a bad rifle. S400's probably the best missile system India can purchase. The U.S. may not sell them an anti-stealth missile system, but the russians would. Iran has a stealth drone that they can now study and copy. I don't know, but the world's tech is getting to good for war. We should implemented international war regulations that the only weapon that can be used is stick. That way we skip Einstein’s prediction.

The next leap will be AI and robotic weapons platforms. The US in particular can't stand casualties and on the global stage its more and more frowned on to hurt civilians like we did in WW2 to pound the enemy into submission on the home front. Also like you said the tech is so good everyone has, stealth, nukes, Chem, bio, night vision, FLIR, sat comes, reactive armor. At the end of the day the tech only can be advanced so much with kinetic energy weapons. Robots don't get tired and should in theory be better at killing but not exactly who to kill. 

NBC isn't an option unless the the end of the world starts. 

I see the next major conflict like WW1 with outdated tactics matched to new incredible weapons platforms that lead to insane numbers of casualties. 

Edited by keybordem

2 hours ago, Muellhart said:

Because of decentralization ! Swift In the past was able to stop/block certain transactions! It is my understanding that Ripple as an organization CANNOT control/stop/block the anything on ledger!