[SPECULATION] INDIA to completely adopt Ripple Net and leave Swift

2 minutes ago, Paradox said:

Do you even understand what sanctions are?   They come in various different forms.  SWIFT is only one of the "tools in the toolbox" so to speak.   Your claim demonstrates naivety and ignorance of the current geopolitical realities in the region. 

lol good for your understanding..

I was thinking about this as well but not in reference to India but with the EU! For the last few months Germany and other EUs have been aggressively pushing an agenda of using another payment system and completely stop using Swift so they can continue to transactions with Iran.As you all know the US has pulled out of the Iran nuclear deal and is trying to strongarm other countries to do so but the EU are not trying to pull out.Since imposing sanctions is usually done through Swift , the EUs have been working on coming up with a new payment system where they can transactions with Irian without US influence! I was thinking Ripple should be a perfect candidate since they're already in bed with Germany. But the only problem is, I don't know how the USA will handle an American company, working with other nations in order to bypass American sanctions! 

2 minutes ago, Kaneki2390 said:

lol good for your understanding..

Lets just wait and see how this plays out.   If the US sanctions India I will fully admit I was wrong.   However, I just don't see it happening.   

My guess is that this will either 1. get swept under the rug after the US verbalizes its displeasure or 2. a waiver is granted to save face and future military equipment sales to India are decreased.    

4 minutes ago, kryptoroi said:

I was thinking about this as well but not in reference to India but with the EU! For the last few months Germany and other EUs have been aggressively pushing an agenda of using another payment system and completely stop using Swift so they can continue to transactions with Iran.As you all know the US has pulled out of the Iran nuclear deal and is trying to strongarm other countries to do so but the EU are not trying to pull out.Since imposing sanctions is usually done through Swift , the EUs have been working on coming up with a new payment system where they can transactions with Irian without US influence! I was thinking Ripple should be a perfect candidate since they're already in bed with Germany. But the only problem is, I don't know how the USA will handle an American company, working with other nations in order to bypass American sanctions! 

SWIFT is not as US-centric as you may think. There would have to be some sort of international consensus regarding locking India out of the SWIFT Network. In 2012, there was at least a modicum of agreement surrounding placing financial pressure on Iran to bring them to the negotiating table. When the Nuclear Deal was reached in 2015, the lock-out (which is actually called 'sanction screening') was lifted, and hasn't been reimposed because that same degree of international agreement doesn't exist anymore.

The US can't force other SWIFT-partnered nations into supporting it's own position against their own interested - which as I say is irrelevant in this instance because; a) the sanctions are fictional, b) there is no international support, c) there is no reason to sanction India in the first place. 

3 minutes ago, Tripple said:

SWIFT is not as US-centric as you may think. There would have to be some sort of international consensus regarding locking India out of the SWIFT Network. In 2012, there was at least a modicum of agreement surrounding placing financial pressure on Iran to bring them to the negotiating table. When the Nuclear Deal was reached in 2015, the lock-out (which is actually called 'sanction screening') was lifted, and hasn't been reimposed because that same degree of international agreement doesn't exist anymore.

The US can't force other SWIFT-partnered nations into supporting it's own position against their own interested - which as I say is irrelevant in this instance because; a) the sanctions are fictional, b) there is no international support, c) there is no reason to sanction India in the first place. 

What are you smoking? The USA can by all means influence Swift as they've done in the past by blocking transactions to Cuba and Iran, no other nations has ever done that (that's called influence!) The us treasury dpt has also in the passed used Swift data to gain insight into other operations when other nations can't, that's called influence! Think about the influence the USA can have on Swift's board members then you'll understand the influence they can have on the organization itself!

The U.S. could always have India buy weapons from the U.S. since Pakistan is considered a threat. Hopefully the U.S won't push the X-35. In the end India is currently seen as an Allie to the U.S. I don't see the U.S. or India having a desire to hurt that relationship. I think the E.U. with Iran/Russia has to do with oil supply. The E.U. may have interest in holding its own nuclear deal with Iran regardless of U.S. standing if Iran meets its own agreements with nuclear development. The E.U. is also distancing itself from the U.S. and maybe rightfully so due after the Iraq debacle.  I believe XRP will be safe in India.

45 minutes ago, kryptoroi said:

This.^^ European Union is moving away from feeling cozy with the United States as well.  We should read up on this, it's fact, not conspiracy or heresay.  They do want to do business with the Iran and its wonderful people for good reason.  But the bully is in their way- not stopping them- but in their way. 

India the world's largest democracy and longtime ally of the United States would never be thought to be put under sanctions- until the dictator, crazy loon crook billionaire leader has come into "commanding power".

Now anything "could" happen - in theory at least.  The United States is going to sanction itself out of the world!  No one wants to talk to the drunk guy at the end of the bar who runs his mouth all the time full of vinegar and visions of colonial times in America.

Thank God for ILP, Ripple, Ripplenet, and XRP.  It will ultimately favor the world as a global unit rather than one bully in a schoolyard.  The rest of the world sees this as that's why adoption of this new form of economic thinking and value transfer is taking hold like lightning.  It's taking hold everywhere- Europe, Asia, South America, and now even in Africa.  The laggards?  Guess...(although PNC bank has been pretty forward moving.)

Proud to be holding XRP.

I am from the U.S. and I think the leaders need to be put in there place. They treat their people the same as they treat the rest of the world. Hopefully technology and communication will eventually allow for true democracy to exist. Anyway I will quote Anthony Bourdain "people don't hate other people, governments hate other governments."

21 minutes ago, kryptoroi said:

What are you smoking? The USA can by all means influence Swift as they've done in the past by blocking transactions to Cuba and Iran, no other nations has ever done that (that's called influence!) The us treasury dpt has also in the passed used Swift data to gain insight into other operations when other nations can't, that's called influence! Think about the influence the USA can have on Swift's board members then you'll understand the influence they can have on the organization itself!

That's just simply not the case now. Sorry to burst your bubble. They imposed an embargo on Cuba in 1958, SWIFT wasn't created until 1970s. Cuba was simply put on a number of several sanctions lists, and most Western nations agreed with and to adhered to those lists. They haven't been able to reimpose multilateral sanctions on Iran (through SWIFT) because lots of nations disagree with the US flip-lopping on the agreement. That doesn't stop the US from implementing it's own unilateral responses though. 

5 minutes ago, peanut56 said:

I'll agree with you. I was shooting from hip.

You were pretty spot on, I'd hate to see you aim with intent. ?