BruceWhale

Sibos 2018 22-25 october

From October 22 to 25, the Sibos conference will be held in Sydney.
It is organized by SWIFT to show their innovations.

It is good to keep an eye on its competitors. The implementation of Swift GPI and the launch of TIPS in November 2018. But Ripple will be present and some of their partners

Some food for thought :

sibos1.png.6af4b3b175af7a149df9eed4a9570532.png

Back in january 2018 "We have finalized those Ripple tests. Ripple was not suitable because we could not guarantee enough privacy for our clients. There were other issues as well that needed to be solved. At the moment we are investigating a new Ripple product."

Temenos will be there too :

sibos2.png.9cda031d824b78900be842fc30622a8f.png

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, retryW said:

25 October is my birthday.  Announcement that SWIFT has partnered with Ripple and 11000 banks are now on RippleNet would make one hell of a present !!

The IDC (International Data Corporation) did a research on SWIFT GPI titled:

'SWIFT gpi: Cross-Border Payment Tracking, Data, and DLT — Enough to Save the Network?'

In the abstract is stated: 'SWIFT itself should accelerate its stalled third-stage gpi proof-of-concept (PoC) looking at open APIs and DLT for its future platform, if it wants to fight off rivals such as Ripple.'

It's not impossible for SWIFT to be partnered with Ripple, but this would be a weird statement knowing they have..
Unfortunately you need to pay over 4k for the report. 

https://www.idc.com/getdoc.jsp?containerId=EMEA44203218

Edited by 30k1m

36 minutes ago, princesultan said:

Ya, very odd that ripple are present. And the fact that this year the conferences aren't on the same date, this may indicate some sort of relationship between the two 

43 minutes ago, XRPHornets said:

Seems weird that Ripple are present.

But who knows what goes on behind the scenes . Im a musician and so have no idea on how the machinations of back channel, corporate politics play out.

They we're at Sibos last year as well while they had their own Swell conference (swell) Iff I'm not mistaken.

Friends close.....enemies closer. I believe it's going to be hard for SWIFT to continue being the dinosaur with the technology that Ripple is bringing forward. I believe they would still be able to hold on for a good while if they would conform with Ripple products. 

Not the first time so not really a surprise. Would actually have been a surprise if they weren't there :) Bit I don't think SWIFT can afford to not accept them to SIBOS - it would be too significant for the audience.

I believe Swift will hold on to what it has and try to innovate in order to hold off competition. They will adopt as a last resort to stay in business. I would love for Swift to adopt all of ripples products, I do not know if they would. I have held the belief that the change from Swifts messaging to Xrapid would need to take place in under two years for Ripple's products to take out swift. It is also possible for swift to utilize XRP as a liquidity tool without ripple products since it is open source. I'm at ??????????