If Ethereum was manipulated to defend #2 what will happen in the fight for #1

So i read a few posts here and there about people thinking Ethereum was being manipulated to maintain its position as #2. Whether that be ethereum being bought back by the big players to inflate price or some other means. Thinking a step further ahead here... What are people thoughts on what will happen if XRP starts fighting for the #1 spot. Could it spark a bitcoin bull run in retaliation like what seemed to happen each time XRP passed ETH, or could it cause a bitcoin sell off in favour of XRP? Personally i can't imagine the big holders in bitcoin going down without a fight. Interesting to theorise about and was wondering peoples opinion on this?

Just to add to this, i'm not a personal believer ETH was being manipulated when XRP took its spot. Think it was maybe just natural market behaviour due to people selling XRP thinking it wouldn't stay at #2 for long. Just my opinion though.

If banks fall in love with xrp, those mining, coinbase, gemini whales will have to eat their wambooli on CNBC fast money..... They'll get rekt, you're pretty much comparing banks with 9 digit billions and trillions to manipulative bots and whales lol nice joke bro

Edited by AlibabaGrp
30 minutes ago, EcneitapLatnem said:

Basically as it stands, the market it easily manipulated and the ones doing so think they have it under control... the landscape is changing.... I have a feeling it will be laughable relatively soon.....

Once wallstreet comes in, they'll run the show. And if banks get in XRP, they'll run the show. Basically power of whales in order

1- U.S government or Federal Reserve or IMF

2- Banks

3- Wallstreet, FIs

4- exchanges, mining pools, wrinkledick twins, Brian Baldstrong

5- random people with big bags

6-589 crew with their 200 XRPs

The first three have not got in Crypto yet

Edited by AlibabaGrp
37 minutes ago, mandelbaum said:

bilde.png.98faca8344df96033cc5a6e713b393ad.png

Boom! The Economist 1988, predicting a digital global world currency by 2018.

There is so much possible symbolism here, ripe for the picking. A phoenix, rising from the ashes of the smoky ruins of fiat, born anew yet chained and made a slave to crypto. Something something France because of the fleur-de-lis on his (or is it her?) head. So, so, the world is forced to buy pastries with XRP.

BG123 worked for The Economist!

Edited by Deeznutz
1 hour ago, Zerptime said:

Why does this matter? If xrp is rising and bitcoin supporters want BTC to stay at 1 then they need to use their own money for that? I don't see anything wrong with it,same case as Eth. The only way they can "manipulate" xrp is that they themselves bought xrp and started selling it when it's best BTC,still nothing wrong with it!

Ever hear of a short?

3 hours ago, Chill_Bill said:

So i read a few posts here and there about people thinking Ethereum was being manipulated to maintain its position as #2. Whether that be ethereum being bought back by the big players to inflate price or some other means. Thinking a step further ahead here... What are people thoughts on what will happen if XRP starts fighting for the #1 spot. Could it spark a bitcoin bull run in retaliation like what seemed to happen each time XRP passed ETH, or could it cause a bitcoin sell off in favour of XRP? Personally i can't imagine the big holders in bitcoin going down without a fight. Interesting to theorise about and was wondering peoples opinion on this?

Honestly I think the position of a coin on the CMC website is gonna be pretty low on the list of things big money players care about, if it's even on the list at all. I highly doubt they would spend any money manipulating the positions. 

2 hours ago, mandelbaum said:

bilde.png.98faca8344df96033cc5a6e713b393ad.png

Boom! The Economist in 1988, predicting a digital global world currency by 2018.

Yeah, and in 2014 Sports Illustrated predicted that the Houston Astros (I mean, c'mon, the Astros) would win the 2017 World Series.

Oh, wait...

3 hours ago, EcneitapLatnem said:

You present this like nostradamus, yet follow up as if you are looking for a handicap in a college football game.... 

I’m complicated......but In all serious have not seen much follow up on the investigation in the possible tether manipulation around btc price.