Sign in to follow this  
seasonal

I am thrilled with XRP's performance

I regret not having sold in when XRP was at ATH level, but the bottom line is that I have a 100% roi at the current price level and that is still pretty good. Hopefully over the years XRP will increase more in value. If xRapid will be more used the price will increase. There is still a long way ahead.

15 hours ago, seasonal said:

4 of the 6 coins I invested in are up. 120%, 12,500% 400% and XRP. There is research, watching, learning and a little luck in crypto (and all) investing. And yes 2 of the coins I invested in are not doing as good as the other 4.

But really I am not up or down because I have yet to sell.

Everyone who invested at that time is up. You could throw a dart and be up several hundred percent. In contrast, the vast majority who invested anytime in 2018 are down.

Don't confuse a bull market with smarts or you'll get burned.

8 hours ago, Honeybee said:

In your opinion, what is a good number to hold now knowing what we know to reach a million US$ in 24 months or less?

I don't completely understand your question. But-Buy and hold only what you can afford to loose. There are many things that can still torpedo this.

I do wish I would have bought into XRP @ .015 (or less) but we can only invest when we are ready or cognitive of the investment. I really started to research XRP, XLM, ADA.... in August-Sept of last year. A little late to the party, but it seems there is still beer and chips.

PS-I would not be surprised to see XRP turn into a legacy coin. In other words with coin burn it "could" become an incredibly valuable asset if mass adoption moves what now seems to be a large # of total coins to a (comparatively) finite # .

Edited by seasonal

Congrats for holding and missing a 1000+% gain. I did rather sell a bit too early and take my 1000+% profit then waiting an entire year and hoping It will get me more then 1000%.

But everyone his thing I guess.

1 minute ago, sven12345 said:

Congrats for holding and missing a 1000+% gain. I did rather sell a bit too early and take my 1000+% profit then waiting an entire year and hoping It will get me more then 1000%.

Ahhhh, differences. That's what makes the world go around.

53 minutes ago, sven12345 said:

I’m sure you’ll be on here telling us all about the time you cocked it up and lost loads, but then again maybe not.

18 hours ago, Excerpts said:

XRP is en route to massive valuations going forward.  This will take some time to play out.  There are so many applications for XRP that will roll out in the near future.  I am thankful to have a ticket on this train that I boarded 10/21/17.  

Very true.

I have to think that in less than a year we will see many XRP uses that are not related to Ripple, and they will be surprising. 

2 hours ago, seasonal said:

Very true.

I have to think that in less than a year we will see many XRP uses that are not related to Ripple, and they will be surprising. 

I think that while bank/FI to bank/FI transfers are a massive market to reduce friction the collateral effects and momentum this creates for the ecosystem of value transfers is exponential, the peer-to-peer and business to employee, business to business, business to customer transfer services are massive as well.  It is just a matter of time.

I realize I sound pretty bullish and keep my bullishness in check, especially after riding the ATH up and then down.  I do think this will take a couple years to develop, and even further time to reach the network effects and potential massive valuations we could see.  There is not a better digital asset than XRP that can play in this arena  in my opinion.  As Brad G said, (I paraphrase) disruption is sometimes not what you need, rather improvements to the existing system, and being able to perform in the current system while not completely disrupting the system is what is needed.  Banks are not going away whether we like it or not.

You probably heard his speech, but the most interesting aspect of his speech, I thought, was about interoperability with historical references to the shipping industry.  The advent of the shipping container in the not too distant past solved a lot of problems in shipping.  The advent of shipping containers that have the ability to be stacked on ships, trucks, trains significantly reduced the friction and costs associated with the transit of these goods.

Edited by Excerpts

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 9:56 AM, sven12345 said:

Forest for the trees. 1000% means nothing to me when considering the potential gains/risk of trading out short term.

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 9:56 AM, sven12345 said:

Curious, when were your entry and exits?

Edited by PhiGuy

On 10/5/2018 at 9:56 AM, sven12345 said:

Wow. So classy. The family must be proud.

18 hours ago, PhiGuy said:

Forest for the trees. 1000% means nothing to me when considering the potential gains/risk of trading out short term.

Well 1000% means a lot to me and im more then happy when I can take such profit. Profit is profit after all.

On 10/5/2018 at 7:40 AM, madmatt said:

I regret not having sold in when XRP was at ATH level, but the bottom line is that I have a 100% roi at the current price level and that is still pretty good. Hopefully over the years XRP will increase more in value. If xRapid will be more used the price will increase. There is still a long way ahead.

You and I are in the same boat, of course we wish we would have sold at ATH. But I can also imagine selling at $3.50ish and seeing the coin grow to $17.00. I do tend to play it safe with XRP and XLM. I think these are very good  USEFUL coins and are going to be valuable.

Sign in to follow this