Sign in to follow this  
scoobysi

mulithop demo at swell

20 minutes ago, ripplelab said:

I believe they announced PNC a couple weeks ago.

Septemeber 19th

https://ripple.com/insights/pnc-bank-embraces-blockchain-and-joins-ripplenet/

Yeah but this is an actual XRP demo. If PNC is on multi-hop, then that is huge news, but then I guess everyone is on it because its part of Ripplenet.

Edited by ImTheRippler

1 hour ago, scoobysi said:

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1DXGyYDpVkbGM?q=swell

Another interesting demo allegedly of multihop at swell.

This is Great (yes, with a capital G). It shows that multihop isn’t just a theoretic fantasy but it is already functioning! Great the way that they show this hands-on to their potential new customers and also Great that they let it be filmed as well. 

I bet Ripple does the same thing when reeling in those 1 or 2 production contracts a week. All getting part of RippleNet and all getting access to this option if they whish.. and they will.

It’s all the real deal. Really Great!

24 minutes ago, ImTheRippler said:

Yeah but this is an actual XRP demo. If PNC is on multi-hop, then that is huge news, but then I guess everyone is on it because its part of Ripplenet.

I think that was what happened when Ripplenet consolidated.  Even if you only were an xCurrent user, you will now have the option to use XRP or "runs on Ripple" solution to find liquidity .

Potentially huge news - although - the reality is that it's gonna take time to build the xrp liquidity necessary to carry the load that's soon going to be asked of it. I sincerely believe that xrp is going to become the major player on a world-wide stage, however, it might take another year before xrp's price really takes off - we could be in for a modest bump and then sideways action for a good long while in the meantime. At some point, I think xrp is likely to rip right through even double-digits, it's just such a massive build-out that's necessary to get there, and that's still  gonna take some more time. (unless, of course, people see the inevitability of xrp becoming the standard, and FOMO takes over)

1 hour ago, jag216 said:

JoelKatz description of xCurrent as Tinder for banks now totally makes sense.

So banks will rarely find a match and if they do will blow all their money to get no where. Sounds like a blockchain startup. 

1 hour ago, ripplelab said:

David's primary job is to get liquidity online for Ripplenet as CTO.

Sorry but I do not think that is correct.  

CTO is responsible for the software and technology.  For the teams working in those areas.  Not for markets.  

3 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

Sorry but I do not think that is correct.  

CTO is responsible for the software and technology.  For the teams working in those areas.  Not for markets.  

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what David Shwartz is saying.  

5 hours ago, ImTheRippler said:

I cant see where it indicates any of the banks involved in the transaction shown are utilizing XRP. Its just conventional payment rails with nostro right?