RobertHarpool

xRapid Now Commercially Available

I think BG was being very direct when he talked about pudding. Lol. Anyway... nobody knows really what will happen but my simple take is this... its automated... automatons don't care about price they care about moving value across borders. We care about price and want a high price. This interplay will be interesting to watch. The price will be what it needs to be.... and imho it needs to be high. I think the escrow was demanded by government interests and a significant proportion of the escrow is promised already. Make way for moon. 

Just emailed two managing directors at BAML to find out more about their involvement with Ripple and their participation at SWELL:

Between 1st and 2nd October, Ripple are hosting an event called SWELL. Of attendance is supposedly  a representative(s) from BAML.

I just wanted to know, in what capacity are BAML attending? Is it largely a catch-up on all things related to Ripple and the progress they’ve made?

Since May (last we exchanged emails), has there been any larger progress from BAML’s point of view in using xRapid or more of the tools Ripple has at its disposal largely using XRP?

Looking forward to their response.

haha all this tries to downtalk the fact that xrapid is now live for comercial use -- love it! the fear is big it seems! since the announcement yesterday a lot of those posts popped up "but why the price didn't move" "it's only 3 companies going live" "it's no news, we knew it before" "I'm concerned" "but no bank will ever use it" etc...

It's a milestone! Don't let some guys downtalk the importance of Xrapid being now out of beta and keep in mind it is no coincidence that they announced the multi-hop feature a few days before -- xrapid is now fully integrated in Ripplenet for comercial usage and it is now one part of a single unique payment experience - so be aware of the fact that some banks/FI's may be going to use xrapid indirectly via "multi-hop" in their payment flows without being announced anywhere public! Just my opinion!

peace

Edited by VanHasen

Also... what a position to be in.... give him 20m, give her 30m, give him 10m, give her 40m... unreal leverage. This company will buy it's way to success mark my fuckin words lads... only a drooling fool would sell now. 

It will be very interesting to see if these XRapid payments now begin to show up on the ledgers and are visible; can we track them?  Maybe certain exchanges will be favoured (Mexico?)

If we can bring in 100 million a day through utility will that affect price; at what level does it really impact?

3 hours ago, lucky said:

That may only depend on your lifestyle.

If inflation of the dollar continues its trend, in 100 years 20,000 dollar will have the purchasing power of 1,000 dollar today. Meanwhile crypto will continue to move in the opposite direction.

With the acceleration of global trade, made possible with crypto, it's not a crazy idea that appreciation of XRP will accellerate much faster, and depreciation of inflationary uncapped currencies will accellerate much faster as well.

So, 1 XRP being worth 20k USd in 50 years does not seem outlandish to me at all. I think it will happen much sooner.

That sir is a great point. But seeing as how I am 27 I hope to be alive in 50 years. And if xrp comes anwhere close to that valuation I would be pleasantly surprised.

1 hour ago, Zerptime said:

He means the Twitter person with the name of a woman beater and his delusional prediction...

Didn't know about the woman beater name