alpha6164

Is Uphold the fastest way to get fiat in?

I have a close friend that wants to purchase a few grand in XRP and trying to find the fastest way. I have for my personal purchases always wired funds to Gemini-->purchased ETH then send to Binance and purchased XRP with the ETH.  But i dont know what is current Geminis and Binance verification process. I know last year Gemini wasnt approving registration and verifying identitities to be able to wire from US bank for weeks and months.  

I just registered for Uphold myself to see how it works and man its a pain in the ass at least for me.  I went thru the verification process and added my US bank and deposited $100 just to test and it says it will be 5-7 days to be deposited.  I tried to add $100 from my bank debit card and another from credit card both got denied transaction by bank and debit card because i guess they dont allow use of funds for Crypto.  So i am kind of baffled cause i keep hearing how "easy" uphold is and I have not had same outcome.  

4 minutes ago, Flintstone said:

I think you need to deposit straight into your XRP card and not USD.

I just tried that and they only allow $500 a day maximum.  I assume there is a additional verification that can be done to increase it but ends up being no different faster IMHO.  

Are there any other exchanges that you can directly ACH or wire US funds from US bank and purchase XRP beside using my old method of using more than one exchange?

You purchase xrp at the price listed when you say buy.  It does take a week until you can transfer or sell but if your holding that really doesn’t matter.   1.4% fee but price locked in instantly.  I love uphold. 

• 6 minutes ago, alpha6164 said:

I tried to add $100 from my bank debit card and another from credit card both got denied transaction by bank and debit card because i guess they dont allow use of funds for Crypto.  So i am kind of baffled cause i keep hearing how "easy" uphold is and I have not had same outcome.  

You need to add XRP and not USD to your wallet.  Works just like Coinbase where you can secure spot price and XRP will appear 5-7 business days later.

Just now, alpha6164 said:

Are there any other exchanges that you can directly ACH or wire US funds from US bank and purchase XRP beside using my old method of using more than one exchange?

Use Bittrex.  They do USD deposits now and have a  USD/XRP pairing.

10 minutes ago, alpha6164 said:

Kraken and Bitstamp also allows Fiat to XRP purchases as well via wire.

21 minutes ago, Archive said:

Use Bittrex.  They do USD deposits now and have a  USD/XRP pairing.

I happen to have Bittrex. I just logged and no matter where I go i dont see anywhere that allows me to add a bank or do USD deposits. 

1 minute ago, alpha6164 said:

I happen to have Bittrex. I just logged and no matter where I go i dont see anywhere that allows me to add a bank or do USD deposits. 

I believe it depends on which state you reside.... they only rolled out like 5 states for now....

36 minutes ago, alpha6164 said:

I have a close friend that wants to purchase a few grand in XRP and trying to find the fastest way. I have for my personal purchases always wired funds to Gemini-->purchased ETH then send to Binance and purchased XRP with the ETH.  But i dont know what is current Geminis and Binance verification process. I know last year Gemini wasnt approving registration and verifying identitities to be able to wire from US bank for weeks and months.  

I just registered for Uphold myself to see how it works and man its a pain in the ass at least for me.  I went thru the verification process and added my US bank and deposited $100 just to test and it says it will be 5-7 days to be deposited.  I tried to add $100 from my bank debit card and another from credit card both got denied transaction by bank and debit card because i guess they dont allow use of funds for Crypto.  So i am kind of baffled cause i keep hearing how "easy" uphold is and I have not had same outcome.  

Kraken has been surprisingly quick bro. Your buddy may be able to get verified quickly enough before the next run. Only took my friend 24 hours to get fully verified, and when I send same day wire before 5am, the funds land in my account by around 11am. 

1 minute ago, alpha6164 said:

I did too, hoping to get a good USD onramp, but my state is not on the list yet.

Looks like there's a $1000 minimum on the wire transfer deposits for personal accounts too.

https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/articles/360004441491-Fiat-US-Dollar-Trading-Deposits-and-Withdrawals