AlexCobb

You Need Check Out This Memo On a 1 Billion XRP Escrow Transaction!

1 minute ago, Doctor said:

Yes but you could put thing like "bg sucks ****" or "Hitler was right" or whatever **** in the memo... right? That shouldn't be allowed imho.

Sure, I understand your sentiment. That consideration can be made for any transaction type. That is a possibility with any blockchain too. What you are thinking about touches on one of the deep implications of blockchain for society as a whole. What happens if I upload illegal content on a blockchain ? Do everybody with a copy of the ledger engage in illegal behaviour ?

Food for thoughts. You can be absolutely certain that this topic will be in the media in a few years.

Don’t think he’s ever said he’s an expert. He’s just a guy who is pro xrp and likes making videos on YouTube.

some of the ‘personalities’ in this section of the forum really need to take a long hard look at themselves....

21 minutes ago, Doctor said:

It shouldn't be possible for any random person to do this surely. You could make all sorts of mischief with this... 

...how?

There's no way to change the outcome at all and there are use cases where it is beneficial to allow third parties to send these transactions.

12 minutes ago, Doctor said:

Yes but you could put thing like "bg sucks ****" or "Hitler was right" or whatever **** in the memo... right? That shouldn't be allowed imho.

So you want validators to censor what can be written in a memo?

Edited by Sukrim

5 minutes ago, Zerptime said:

Lol don't how that post is interpreted as being jealous but I'm guessing you're one of his rabid "fans" who he keep telling you all are gonna be rich! Must make you feel good fantasizing about it!

Classic projection. I find you funny so I won't block you. 

7 minutes ago, Zerptime said:

Lol don't how that post is interpreted as being jealous but I'm guessing you're one of his rabid "fans" who he keep telling you all are gonna be rich! Must make you feel good fantasizing about it!

Woooahhh take a step back, all I've said was that I think we will be around ATH EOY, I'm not that guy who said 1200$ in 4 months

8 minutes ago, Zerptime said:

Angry white van driver?

2 minutes ago, Sukrim said:

...how?

There's no way to change the outcome at all and there are use cases where it is beneficial to allow third parties to send these transactions.

Mischief in terms of what the memo says 

7 minutes ago, LamboToTheMoon said:

Don’t think he’s ever said he’s an expert. He’s just a guy who is pro xrp and likes making videos on YouTube.

some of the ‘personalities’ in this section of the forum really need to take a long hard look at themselves....

I am far from an expert, I have met many many people in the community who have a far superior in knowledge than I have, take Dr.t for example

It still surprises me, how much hate posts @AlexCobb receives after each and every video he publishes. Sure does!

What can be motives for such behaviour besides low self-esteem and unsecurity of haters own abilities...???

I’m very busy with my XRP project and would love to be able to serve this community, but all this hate-talk makes me sad. How do we cope after XRP is The Standard?

59 minutes ago, Dario_o said:

They need to have an account, I doubt they would invest 20 XRP just for messing with the memos

$11.780 just to troll is a bit much indeed...

42 minutes ago, Zerptime said:

For a guy whose an "expert xrp YouTubers" sure don't know crap about it. Only know how to create absurd rumours like the IMF!

I can't find anything on Alex or anyone else claiming he is an "expert xrp youtuber". Alex is doing a lot more than most people in the community. Kind of an absurd statement.

20 minutes ago, AlexCobb said:

Mischief in terms of what the memo says 

Such as...?

It is clearly documented and easily verified that these transactions can be done by anyone, so memos are not to be trusted. Seems like you were confused by that initially (though this was also already pointed out last month when someone posted a gif of someone throwing money bills at someone else in the memo), so in your future content you can just point out that someone made a joke and educate your followers.

22 minutes ago, DD_XRP said:

$11.780 just to troll is a bit much indeed...

It's not about the money.. BTC maximalists wouldn't touch Ripple with a 10 foot pole  

Edited by Dario_o