What Next for XRP?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s been 10 long months in the 2018 bear market. After the amazing highs and parties of 2017 we have seen all major crypto coins and our beloved XRP digital asset retrace hard back over 90% from its

There's a huge difference in the total circulating supply of Ethereum and XRP.  I don't care what people think but XRP has billions of coins making it less of a rarity - hence the price will be m

Ethereum went to over $1,000 within a year and it has no utility. Why would XRP, which is vastly superior to any other digital asset take 5 years to reach only $10-$20? Makes no sense.

Lot's of good info here @Chewiecoin

My TLDR version: International banks used to charging big fees for cross border payments get undercut by smaller players adopting xRapid. Large international companies like Amazon realize xRapid saves them boatloads of cash on internal B2B cross border transfers. Forward thinking remittance providers go to xRapid to cut their costs and overwhelm the SWIFT-using competitors. These smaller fish explode their payments volume, and the big players are forced, by competition, to adopt xRapid in order to stay alive.

Did I say xRapid enough?

Coil & Codius will only amplify this effect. By the time Cobalt goes live and settlement times go even lower (1 sec vs 4 sec), the world is XRP's oyster.

Future price? Unknown as you've claimed. All I know is it's going up. $3 USD, $10, $20? In any scenario we hodler's and accumulators win.

Liking my chances on this one...

1 hour ago, Chewiecoin said:

It’s been 10 long months in the 2018 bear market. After the amazing highs and parties of 2017 we have seen all major crypto coins and our beloved XRP digital asset retrace hard back over 90% from its beautiful highs in early January. XRP rode an amazing speculative tidal wave from $0.20 to $3.40 (Bitstamp) in December last year. That speculative tidal wave was months of built up good news which was triggered by a combination of BTC and ETH (the number 1 and 2 coins based on Market Cap) taking off and a very persistent Coinbase addition rumour. 

Unfortunately, the bear market was always going to happen. Whilst we all wanted the 2017 fun to continue into 2018, governments and regulators around the World got scared at how fast crypto was talking off. There were no controls around it, fraudulent ICO’s were a dime a dozen, people were getting burnt.  The bulls ran out of steam and the bears came back.

Speculative demand for an investment is a wonderful thing, especially in crypto, it can see massive gains in very short time frames. If you get in at the right time and time your sell points correctly, as we have seen historically, good money can be made. Conversely, money can be lost. We are in a high risk high reward market.

What we all should be craving is utility demand. The golden chalice, a real use case, the business world buying and using our asset in a real world application. You know what we are very close.

So What Now for our Beloved XRP?

I believe sentiment in the whole crypto market is slowly turning and it’s being lead by XRP. We know xRapid is going live very soon. We know that over 100 banks have signed on to use Ripple tech. We have just seen the release of a “multi hop”feature to Ripple tech that allows Regional banks connected to Ripple tech to act as a hub for smaller banks, not yet connected or due to regulation not able to connect, to still be able to use Ripple tech.   We have BTC maximalists on social media now talking positively about XRP.  We have multiple crypto and general business news outlets talking about XRP breaking out and seeing positive gains past its ATH.

Here’s how I see the next few months playing out into next year:

1) XRP sentiment will continue to gain traction. More and more news outlets will report on Ripple’s and XRP’s progress in a positive light. Mainstream media will start to report the positive news rather than negative stories about XRP and the market. SWELL, Ripple’s yearly conference starts tomorrow. We may get some good news out of it, we may not. I think we will get good news stories from it;

2) The XRP price spikes we have been seeing recently, to me, is the start of utility demand in its embryonic form. We are seeing xRapid being tested. No, it doesn’t explain the majority of the volume as this is still speculative traders jumping on board but payment volume is getting stronger . The rails have been laid and now the trains are starting to test the track. 

3) Once xRapid is released we know of at least one Financial Institution will be on board straight away (there will be more). Utility demand will start slowly and will build gradually next year. As @JoelKatz has stated, partner FOMO will kick in (it’s already started) and the rate of FiI’s joining RippleTech and xRapid will grow at an increasing rate. This will lead to greater volume and higher prices;

4) We will see major adoption announcements over the next 6 months. I obviously do not know this for certain but from what  I have seen and the research I have done there is a lot of public discussion from Ripple staff and from businesses themselves linking major companies to RippleTech such SAP, Uber, Amazon and others. Major banks like JP Morgan are in discussions with Ripple. We know Amex is partnering with Ripple and there has been a lot of speculation about Mastercard as well. All of this is still highly speculative but where I see smoke I see the potential for fire. I firmly believe major adoption news is coming;

5) We will see more announcements involving Coil and Codius. We have already seen XRP tipping enabled on Wikipedia and YouTube. Codius server usage keeps growing. It is inevitable that more great news and use cases will stem from this; and

6) The above factors will see speculative demand pour into the market and XRP specifically. XRP will lead or at least join in a market recovery of crypto in general. Don’t believe the naysayers that have infested social media this long bear market, the crypto market is not dead, the gains we have seen in the last few years are possible again. You just have to bet on the right horse. I saw a survey recently saying that on average only 7% of the population in major OECD countries are or have been invested in crypto. From my small group of friends and colleagues not much more than that have any idea about what crypto is either. Once the bull run starts it will, in my opinion, lead to the longest and strongest bull run we have ever seen. I say this because there are so many more exchanges available to buy crypto, there are more staff resources in the exchanges to do the KYC (know your customer) checks to let new investors in. More apps have come out making it easier to invest. There is more information available than ever on how to create a wallet and safely store your crypto. Once the mainstream population gets on board the tidal wave will be a tsunami;

What Price Can we Expect?

Price prediction is a mugs game and should only be done for fun. No matter what anyone tells you no one knows. We can only use the information: that is presented to us, mixed in with historical patterns and a dose of intuition to estimate what prices will be. 

I believe that within 6 months we will see a price between $10 and $20.

Within 1 to 2 years be my guess? I think it can go a lot higher than this, a lot higher. Just by looking at the above points we will see a much higher price. I am not going to try and predict it but my belief is very strong that we will see much higher prices. 

XRP’s fundamentals are as strong as they have ever been and continue to get stronger. I feel that we have been incredibly fortunate to have a second opportunity to continue to buy at very cheap prices. I have been quietly accumulating during this bear market. I bought on the way up and on the way down. I will also buy on the way up again. I remain as confident in my investment as I ever have been. Stay strong people, believe, HODL.

Please of course do you your own research. This is not investment advice. Don’t invest in an asset based on a random internet dude who likes Star Wars. Always only invest what you can afford to lose. I could of course be wrong, I know this and am ok with it. I still keep buying though because I am betting on me being right.

Good luck to us all.

What do you think? 

Chewie

I am firmly optimistic like you. I accumulated in August 2017 and have been continuing since March. 

However, I think we’ll hopefully see $5 by EOY and the same within 6 months. My reasoning is that most of the FOMO bozos jump in and then look for a fast exit. Once price starts soaring then they bail and drive price down. Utility!? Agreed but sustained FOMO is required in my opinion to get the price up so that large ticket utility can be accomoplished. Right now we’ve seen that the price of Xrp might be most efficient if sending $100 or less. How many of those transactions are needed to get utility to overcome bozo traders? 

In the end, the wild card will be institutional investment and when reputable institutions remove barrier to entry for even the most ignorant investors. Bakkt May be the beginning of that but that’s what is really needed. If the FOMO crowd were like us, with a long term vision, then we’d be at moon sooner. Most of the current bandwagon people though are buying and then panick selling to make a quick buck because some friend or coworker told them it was the next biggest thing. 

I hope you all are right and I am wrong, but I expect a dump after Swell and then a surge by year end on the back of news and other coins being bought on hype. 

1 hour ago, vsyc said:

@Chewiecoin thats all good, but lets get to the point. When is your first sell order? Where you see it? If you have not placed yet, how you will decide its time to put one?

I’m going to ladder sell @vsyc but not for a while yet. I’m not one to recoup my initial investment as soon as I can but I understand why people want to.

I want every cent of my investment locked into HODLing as many XRP for as long as I can.  

I will keep an eye on the market and decide when that first sell point is but as I said it’s a long way off yet. 

2 hours ago, Chewiecoin said:

It’s been 10 long months in the 2018 bear market. After the amazing highs and parties of 2017 we have seen all major crypto coins and our beloved XRP digital asset retrace hard back over 90% from its beautiful highs in early January. XRP rode an amazing speculative tidal wave from $0.20 to $3.40 (Bitstamp) in December last year. That speculative tidal wave was months of built up good news which was triggered by a combination of BTC and ETH (the number 1 and 2 coins based on Market Cap) taking off and a very persistent Coinbase addition rumour. 

Unfortunately, the bear market was always going to happen. Whilst we all wanted the 2017 fun to continue into 2018, governments and regulators around the World got scared at how fast crypto was talking off. There were no controls around it, fraudulent ICO’s were a dime a dozen, people were getting burnt.  The bulls ran out of steam and the bears came back.

Speculative demand for an investment is a wonderful thing, especially in crypto, it can see massive gains in very short time frames. If you get in at the right time and time your sell points correctly, as we have seen historically, good money can be made. Conversely, money can be lost. We are in a high risk high reward market.

What we all should be craving is utility demand. The golden chalice, a real use case, the business world buying and using our asset in a real world application. You know what we are very close.

So What Now for our Beloved XRP?

I believe sentiment in the whole crypto market is slowly turning and it’s being lead by XRP. We know xRapid is going live very soon. We know that over 100 banks have signed on to use Ripple tech. We have just seen the release of a “multi hop”feature to Ripple tech that allows Regional banks connected to Ripple tech to act as a hub for smaller banks, not yet connected or due to regulation not able to connect, to still be able to use Ripple tech.   We have BTC maximalists on social media now talking positively about XRP.  We have multiple crypto and general business news outlets talking about XRP breaking out and seeing positive gains past its ATH.

Here’s how I see the next few months playing out into next year:

1) XRP sentiment will continue to gain traction. More and more news outlets will report on Ripple’s and XRP’s progress in a positive light. Mainstream media will start to report the positive news rather than negative stories about XRP and the market. SWELL, Ripple’s yearly conference starts tomorrow. We may get some good news out of it, we may not. I think we will get good news stories from it;

2) The XRP price spikes we have been seeing recently, to me, is the start of utility demand in its embryonic form. We are seeing xRapid being tested. No, it doesn’t explain the majority of the volume as this is still speculative traders jumping on board but payment volume is getting stronger . The rails have been laid and now the trains are starting to test the track. 

3) Once xRapid is released we know of at least one Financial Institution will be on board straight away (there will be more). Utility demand will start slowly and will build gradually next year. As @JoelKatz has stated, partner FOMO will kick in (it’s already started) and the rate of FiI’s joining RippleTech and xRapid will grow at an increasing rate. This will lead to greater volume and higher prices;

4) We will see major adoption announcements over the next 6 months. I obviously do not know this for certain but from what  I have seen and the research I have done there is a lot of public discussion from Ripple staff and from businesses themselves linking major companies to RippleTech such SAP, Uber, Amazon and others. Major banks like JP Morgan are in discussions with Ripple. We know Amex is partnering with Ripple and there has been a lot of speculation about Mastercard as well. All of this is still highly speculative but where I see smoke I see the potential for fire. I firmly believe major adoption news is coming;

5) We will see more announcements involving Coil and Codius. We have already seen XRP tipping enabled on Wikipedia and YouTube. Codius server usage keeps growing. It is inevitable that more great news and use cases will stem from this; and

6) The above factors will see speculative demand pour into the market and XRP specifically. XRP will lead or at least join in a market recovery of crypto in general. Don’t believe the naysayers that have infested social media this long bear market, the crypto market is not dead, the gains we have seen in the last few years are possible again. You just have to bet on the right horse. I saw a survey recently saying that on average only 7% of the population in major OECD countries are or have been invested in crypto. From my small group of friends and colleagues not much more than that have any idea about what crypto is either. Once the bull run starts it will, in my opinion, lead to the longest and strongest bull run we have ever seen. I say this because there are so many more exchanges available to buy crypto, there are more staff resources in the exchanges to do the KYC (know your customer) checks to let new investors in. More apps have come out making it easier to invest. There is more information available than ever on how to create a wallet and safely store your crypto. Once the mainstream population gets on board the tidal wave will be a tsunami;

What Price Can we Expect?

Price prediction is a mugs game and should only be done for fun. No matter what anyone tells you no one knows. We can only use the information: that is presented to us, mixed in with historical patterns and a dose of intuition to estimate what prices will be. 

I believe that within 6 months we will see a price between $10 and $20.

Within 1 to 2 years be my guess? I think it can go a lot higher than this, a lot higher. Just by looking at the above points we will see a much higher price. I am not going to try and predict it but my belief is very strong that we will see much higher prices. 

XRP’s fundamentals are as strong as they have ever been and continue to get stronger. I feel that we have been incredibly fortunate to have a second opportunity to continue to buy at very cheap prices. I have been quietly accumulating during this bear market. I bought on the way up and on the way down. I will also buy on the way up again. I remain as confident in my investment as I ever have been. Stay strong people, believe, HODL.

Please of course do you your own research. This is not investment advice. Don’t invest in an asset based on a random internet dude who likes Star Wars. Always only invest what you can afford to lose. I could of course be wrong, I know this and am ok with it. I still keep buying though because I am betting on me being right.

Good luck to us all.

What do you think? 

Chewie

I hope you are right!

On 10/1/2018 at 12:19 PM, EthanHunt said:

I hope you are right!

Me too. I’ve done a lot of research these last 12 months and poured through thousands of articles, blogs, tweets and posts. If I am wrong, which I could be, I am spectacularly wrong. 

I keep buying though so I am putting my money where my mouth is!!

Edited by Chewiecoin

I'm not quite as optimistic, I think if we break over $10 we're going to come back down quickly, but I do think there will be a new ATH within 6 months.

on the sentiment front I'm seeing a change too - strangely, after this last rise in price a lot of naysayers from the cryptotwitter space are softening their anti-XRP stances and actually trading it. I guess missing out on an opportunity to double your money is a pretty strong motivator. 

3 minutes ago, trubbleinmind said:

I'm not quite as optimistic, I think if we break over $10 we're going to come back down quickly, but I do think there will be a new ATH within 6 months.

on the sentiment front I'm seeing a change too - strangely, after this last rise in price a lot of naysayers from the cryptotwitter space are softening their anti-XRP stances and actually trading it. I guess missing out on an opportunity to double your money is a pretty strong motivator. 

.I agree that we will see retracement and $10 could be one of them.

If you look however through old XRPChat posts most people did not believe a $1 price was possible ( @Hodor and many others were the exception). When the discussion turned to $1 most were of the opinion that the price would hit $1 and then massive profit selling would occur bringing the price back down.

Look what happened. We hit $1 with such force that we blew straight past and kept going.

I feel the same will happen at $10. Firstly, yes I believe it will happen and secondly when we see it it will be based on a tidal wave of buying pressure from utility demand and investor speculation that we will also blow straight past. 

I’m looking forward to seeing what happens.

I'm quietly optimistic on higher XRP prices, although as you said, who really knows........ I think the hardest thing for us HODLer's is going to be HODLing once the price does reach these highs. HODLing through the bear market is easy, you basically HODL and never sell at a loss, but when you are dealing with the swings at a higher level, say $80 down to $50 and so on, these are the times that are going to be hardest to HODL through.

I'm very much looking forward to people' comments and reactions once we get to these high levels!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.