Thank you Hodor, great read as always!!!

You are right that there will not be live-streams from this year's Swell. Ripple team has confirmed that they will only post recordings for most of the sessions (Bill Clinton and Gene Sperling session will not be published).

image.thumb.png.bfe0f58701eba7d254889545a4bac705.png

27 minutes ago, Nihilist said:

You are right that there will not be live-streams from this year's Swell. Ripple team has confirmed that they will only post recordings for most of the sessions (Bill Clinton and Gene Sperling session will not be published).

Ha  , Rachel lee@LeeR912 on twitter , whatever you think about he or she, I love this tweet: 

So october is the month.. I don't exclude she is right.

Edited by BibleChronologyXRP

1 hour ago, WhentheBoat_ComesIn said:

Another great write up @Hodor, thanks.

FYI: The multi-Hop link doesn't work.

Thank you!

Re: the link - if you can tell me which one?  And thanks in advance for letting me know. :thank_you2:

1 hour ago, Nihilist said:

image.thumb.png.bfe0f58701eba7d254889545a4bac705.png

Is there any other source for that info?  I just need to confirm it with one other and then I'll update the blog. 

Thank you for letting me know! 

Edited by Hodor

17 minutes ago, Hodor said:

Thank you!

Re: the link - if you can tell me which one?  And thanks in advance for letting me know. :thank_you2:

Sorry, my misunderstanding. I understood “For those that want a detailed explanation of Multi-hop, it’s in there!” to mean “Multi-hop” was the link to the explanation!:JC_thinking:

I think Multi-Hop can be viewed as an off-ledger equivalent to, multi-hop TXs on-ledger https://developers.ripple.com/paths.html

This is also very much in line with what I was trying to describe in the write up I did yesterday... Off-ledger Multi-hop would be the "distributed pathfinding" part.

Dilip Rao... Multi-Hop for increased liquidity:  An intermediary ‘hub’ bank acts as a ’connector’ as well as an ‘exchange’ to deliver funds at the next bank in a chain, perhaps in a different currency (for a fee).

Assuming these banks are running an internal Rippled with xCurrent, this could be set up on their internal ledger with trustlines. 

As a connector they are having to float liquidity, so they will have valuable capital deposited in each of those banks they can provide multi-hop for. With them acting as the Exchange also, they determine the exchange rates, and manage the orderbooks. This could be done in an automated on their internal Rippled, if it was set up that way.

Dilip Rao.... Multi-Hop for lower risk:  Since all banks in a multi-hop chain can see all transaction data and approve each after screening, AML/CFT risks can be better managed.  Since ALL legs of an ‘atomic’ transaction settle at the same time, no bank is exposed to credit risk at another."

This is interesting because I'm not sure what he meant in the above quote by 'hub', but given that he is also saying that these are "atomic transactions"... being a "hub" could mean they are also acting as a Notary and using ILP in an Atomic Mode RippleNet,  rather than running ILP in Universal Mode like ILPv4 settled on.  

I also have noticed the term Atomic Mode or Atomic Transactions being used in regard to RippleNet a few times recently, and it has me wondering if this is a legal regulatory issue, or work around until more clarity from regulators enables the RippleNet network to move over to Universal mode... of if they never intend to flip Universal mode on for RippleNet, leaving the rest of the IoV to operate on Universal mode.

RippleNet.thumb.jpeg.cd255323b6929541f46baa8ba2c14c13.jpeg

Crypto Exchanges function as "connectors" providing liquidity sourced from retail traders and speculators + the function as an Exchange by running orderbooks so that value can change form. If we see several banks begin to act at Hubs + Connectors (liquidity provider) + Exchange (FX fees) = Crypto Exchanges are going to get a solid run for their money.

Either way each "hub" either an internal bank hub, or an public crypto hub, these are nodes in the RIppleNet will be super connectors, and if you think of XRPLedger as the biggest super connector hub in the middle of RippleNet, then these other types of super connector hubs will help the network grow in density around the edges faster.

Plus XRPLedger should not be, and never really was sold as a bottleneck in the system through which every transaction is forced. That would re-invoke the "one ledger to rule them all" pre-ILP thinking. So having hubs for value to multi-hop by flowing through RippleNet, but around the XRPLedger as a node and not through it,  this makes the whole system stronger and more valuable to user, ie network effect.

34 minutes ago, Hodor said:

Is there any other source for that info?  I just need to confirm it with one other and then I'll update the blog. 

Thank you for letting me know! 

Haven't seen it anywhere else.

There is a topic here on forum but without a reference.

3 hours ago, KarmaCoverage said:

So having hubs for value to multi-hop by flowing through RippleNet, but around the XRPLedger as a node and not through it,  this makes the whole system stronger and more valuable to user, ie network effect.

KarmaCoverage, you went very deep into this - I know @mDuo13 could clarify some of the assumptions / questions in your post but I'm guessing he doesn't have a moment to spare for us these days. 

But just in case, flagging him here. 

3 hours ago, Nihilist said:

Haven't seen it anywhere else.

There is a topic here on forum but without a reference.

Thank you :thank_you2: - this is exactly what I was looking for - I've updated the blog accordingly.