Is 100,000,000,000 XRP enough?

When i first got into crypto, without fully knowing ripples game plan for XRP, i remember thinking that 100,000,000,000 was a lot of coins and that the price would have a difficult task to increase due to the large number of coins.

But, these days, the more i learn about XRP and ripples plans, along with coil, and others using XRP..... it has got me thinking that 100,000,000,000 may not be enough coins, especially with the burn rate etc, and when XRP becomes the standard, all of a sudden 100,000,000,000 becomes a small number.

I guess my question is, does the burn rate of XRP affect the performance of XRP over time as the total amount of coins gets less and less? or does this purely increase the price of XRP per coin as there will slowly be less of them?

hope this makes sense

3 minutes ago, DannyRipple said:

We can’t tell you. But if we could lean in, I’d say the price needs to increase and we’ll speak about drops rather than whole coin

to be honest, because of the price of XRP now, i hadn't thought about drops....... It will be a great day when we starts referring to drops as apposed to whole coins! Just like bitcoin back in the day, i don't think they thought that you would be buying 0.01 of a bitcoin etc....... now look, it's not that common that people can afford a single bitcoin.

12 minutes ago, coastal said:

When i first got into crypto, without fully knowing ripples game plan for XRP, i remember thinking that 100,000,000,000 was a lot of coins and that the price would have a difficult task to increase due to the large number of coins.

But, these days, the more i learn about XRP and ripples plans, along with coil, and others using XRP..... it has got me thinking that 100,000,000,000 may not be enough coins, especially with the burn rate etc, and when XRP becomes the standard, all of a sudden 100,000,000,000 becomes a small number.

I guess my question is, does the burn rate of XRP affect the performance of XRP over time as the total amount of coins gets less and less? or does this purely increase the price of XRP per coin as there will slowly be less of them?

hope this makes sense

With the current transaction per second limitation of 1,500, the current burn rate, (which is adjustable up or down) I did the math on this a while back and the burn rate isn't a factor in scalability or supply - that doesn't mean things couldn't change, but for now, its not worth talking about he burn rate. And overall supply, I don't see as an issue, if supply gets tight that just means the price has to increase to ensure liquidity, I think we could all live with that.

Is 100,000,000,000 slices of this apple pie enough? 

When i first got into pies, without fully knowing my mom's game plan for this pie, i remember thinking that 100,000,000,000 was a lot of slices and that the total size of the pie would have a difficult task to increase due to the large number of slices.

But, these days, the more I learn about apple pies and Entenmann's plans, along with peach, pecan, and lemon meringue..... it has got me thinking that 100,000,000,000 may not be enough slices, especially with how hungry I am etc, and when apple pie becomes the standard, all of a sudden 100,000,000,000 becomes a small number of slices.

I guess my question is, the eating rate of apple pie affect the performance of pie over time as the total amount of slices gets less and less? or does this purely increase the number of apples per slice as there will slowly be less of them?

____

The pie gets bigger. The number of slices is meaningless. The number of apples in each slice is meaningless. Look at the size of the pie. 

A slice gets bigger at the same rate no matter if there are 2 slices or 100,000,000,000 slices.

The number of drops is totally meaningless for the same reason. You're just subdividing slices. The value of a drop and the value of one XRP increase at the same rate as the value of the whole pie. The only thing that matters is the size of the pie.

Edited by ADingoAteMyXRP
5 hours ago, coastal said:

hope this makes sense

The burn rate is not significant. It will most likely take thousands of years to burn through the xrp.