Bull Run Due To Swell?

Bull Run?  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Bull Run?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/01/2018 at 01:00 PM

8 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

Do you really think they are going to pretend they have nothing much to tell us and no interesting news to announce?

I no longer think nor assume anything;  been burned too many times on news/conference/interview non-events.

These days I have my hold stash and my trade stash.  My hold stash doesn't get touched, meaning that it is irrelevant how I feel about Swell.  I sold most xrp in my trade stash at 70c (was able to catch it just as it dropped - got lucky), and allocated profits elsewhere.  If xrp launches I'll buy it again;  if not, I'll buy it when it looks like it may launch again.  Swell is thus irrelevant to my trade stash, as is the amount of xrp held;  total USD account value is the only thing that matters in my trade account.

Cynical?  Perhaps.  Hard to not be after having lived through the past 12 months.

11 minutes ago, automatic said:

I no longer think nor assume anything;  been burned too many times on news/conference/interview non-events.

These days I have my hold stash and my trade stash.  My hold stash doesn't get touched, meaning that it is irrelevant how I feel about Swell.  I sold most xrp in my trade stash at 70c (was able to catch it just as it dropped - got lucky), and allocated profits elsewhere.  If xrp launches I'll buy it again;  if not, I'll buy it when it looks like it may launch again.  Swell is thus irrelevant to my trade stash, as is the amount of xrp held;  total USD account value is the only thing that matters in my trade account.

Cynical?  Perhaps.  Hard to not be after having lived through the past 12 months.

Seems very good trading to me.  I am 100% hold so Swell means nothing to me either (except I would psychologically like to be in profit instead of minus 10%), but hey if this goes on back down my stash will grow.

We will see if Swell will be a busted flush, just now it looks like a lot of things are coming together for Ripple/XRP and Swell looks to me like part of the launching strategy for XRapid which has to go live in the next two months if Ripple are to hold on to their reputation for honesty.

3 hours ago, bayarea510 said:

The way the price massively pumped over 100% in a just a few days is very suspicious. It wasn't ordinary people purchasing it to push it up so much. 

I don't think it was suspicious at all. It is only in exceptionally rare circumstances that an asset will retrace more than 100% of its last significant bull run. XRP's consolidation zone for much of 2017 was $0.25. Personally, I had sold most of my XRP holdings back in January and I hadn't really intended to buy back much more... but when it hit $0.25 that's when it really clicked how ridiculously cheap it was. A 100% retrace is a massive buying opportunity (read: buying signal for a lot of people) considering the asset fundamentals have improved. So a strong bounce wasn't just unsurprising but was fairly inevitable.

Edited by JA8

1 hour ago, RedRocket said:

Me too! I think the price will hit $5 soon.

Did he say a "big bank" specifically? Did he say they *definitely will* be using it in 2018, or merely than he "strongly expected" or something along those lines? Makes a huge difference.

9 minutes ago, JA8 said:

I don't think it was suspicious at all. It is only in exceptionally rare circumstances that an asset will retrace more than 100% of its last significant bull run. XRP's consolidation zone for much of 2017 was $0.25. Personally, I had sold most of my XRP holdings back in January and I hadn't really intended to buy back much more... but when it hit $0.25 that's when it really clicked how ridiculously cheap it was. A 100% retrace is a massive buying opportunity (read: buying signal for a lot of people) considering the asset fundamentals have improved. So a strong bounce wasn't just unsurprising but was fairly inevitable.

Thanks for the info. Those are valid points. So where do you see our current situation? What do you think will happen next? 

1 hour ago, bayarea510 said:

Thanks for the info. Those are valid points. So where do you see our current situation? What do you think will happen next? 

My hunch is that during or shortly after Swell we’ll see it pump to just over $1, followed by a correction. 

But whether or not that happens, overall I’m expecting something like a slow and steady rise throughout this year and next, taking us to $20-$30 by end of 2019.

Edited by JA8

its funny but we rolled back exactly  a year back in a matter of prices . I think xrp will drop to ~.30 ...Then will be a pump of all crypto, but i doubt it will be that bis as a year ago. Less fools this time. Im pretty sure this  isolated pump of xrp just bcoz of coming event, nothing more.

2 minutes ago, ripple37 said:

its funny but we rolled back exactly  a year back in a matter of prices . I think xrp will drop to ~.30 ...Then will be a pump of all crypto, but i doubt it will be that bis as a year ago. Less fools this time. Im pretty sure this  isolated pump of xrp just bcoz of coming event, nothing more.

But, utility...

4 hours ago, automatic said:

I hear you.  I would say I'm a pragmatist.  I cashed out in late Jan, rebought back in.  Part of me wants to hold multi-year:-

Strategy #1
Sell 2% of my stack monthly so long as the price is above $2.  Hopefully in the future it would mean I sell my stack over 50 months and catch some higher prices. 

....but another part says....

Strategy #2
Cash out 100% on the next bull run at somewhere between $2 to $3....hold that USD on Bitstamp, re-buy back in if/when it falls back down.  If it doesn't fall back down, I still made a very decent profit for a second time. 

In reality, it'll probably be something like strategy #1, but keeping the cash outs as USD on Bitstamp and rebuying the dips.  I'm not a trader but if I sell 2% of my stack at $2 and the price dips to $1.50, of course I'm going to buy back in. 

32 minutes ago, ripple37 said:

i mean if there so much believe in xrapid why pump stopped so quick? Why ppl dont continue to invest in xrp. If its such a bright project, are they stupid , dont they see a huge potential?   

The price has doubled in the last two weeks and held there.  The real test will be next week.  Will people sell the news?