Sign in to follow this  
bodytexture

How much bandwidth is needed to run Rippled on production as if it was elected to be on the mainnet?

How much bandwidth is needed to run Rippled on production as if it was elected to be on the mainnet? 

what are the other minimal tech specs necessary in order to setup rippled to have minimal necessary conditions to be admitted on the mainnet? 

On 9/28/2018 at 1:06 PM, bodytexture said:

what are the other minimal tech specs necessary in order to setup rippled to have minimal necessary conditions to be admitted on the mainnet? 

Additional I may add, that you shouldn't underestimating traffic volume. While running alivingledger.com I got several warnings from my provider that I largely exceed the fair use limit of bandwidth, by just listening to the transaction feed of two rippled servers. Keep that in mind if you host a server at a provider. 

Edit: I already have 55gb traffic this month (including outgoing traffic), I estimate (!) that 10-18 GB is incomming traffic from the rippled instances. Thus, at the moment I am working a serverless version of the app, directly connecting to the rippled instances :) 

Edited by xrp-overflow
Additional details on volume

Sign in to follow this