Poll: XRPTipbot on XRPChat

XRPTipbot on xrpchat  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see xrptipbot added to xrpchat?

• YES
    • NO

I for one would really like to see the xrptipbot added to xrpchat. 

How does everyone else feel about this?

Lets build the ecosystem together :) 

The poll is anonymous!

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, WrathofKahneman said:

No.  Then the bronze/silver/gold will get more personal, like-bait fighting and such will get pressurized. Let people put addresses in their profiles/footers and people can find them to tip.  For the love of God don't monetize everything.

I find it strange that anyone would NOT want to help build the XRP ecosystem who is invested in XRP,

The reason I personally am here is for the tech and this is how it will revolutionize the system softly softly, slowly slowy, or, crawl walk run! Marathon.......

IF you build it they will come......

Just now, MGS said:

I find it strange that anyone would NOT want to help build the XRP ecosystem who is invested in XRP,

The reason I personally am here is for the tech and this is how it will revolutionize the system softly softly, slowly slowy, or, crawl walk run! Marathon.......

IF you build it they will come......

Me too.  Fortunately tipbot on XRPchat and building out the XRP ecosystem aren't the same thing. 

If I want to go to youtube or twitter I'll go there and am happy to monetize.  I prefer the possibility for extended discourse and gathering without the added dynamics of monetization to more clearly consider how to build up the ecosystem here.  I'm here for the tech, too, not the fund raising popularity contest hues that will emerge.  I'm also here for the money, not the post-the-popular-sentiment& tinfoil auctions that might result.  Of course I'm overstating.  Love XRP.  Love Tipbot.  Don't want it here.  

Each to their own i suppose, hence why i created the poll, to guage what people think.

Click yes or no 

:) 

Yes, please! So many people put enormous amounts of time into their research to share it with everyone and I would like the option to show my appreciation. 

I think mods had their reasons to decline the implementation of the tipbot. I think they're right on the impact it could have on the meaningful discussions going on here. 

One thing could be to add a ''tip button'' on everybody's profile, given that they provide an ILP address or a Tipbot address. Cap it at 0.1 xrp to limit monetization and everyone would be happy I guess. 

Many (me included) already are comfortable sharing an xrp address or a Twitter handle on their XRPChat's profile so it would only make it simpler to tip people. 

This said, I emptied my tipbot balance yesterday because I'mma leave Twitter for some time and probably won't be the greatest tipper here. Just my opinion. 

4 minutes ago, Johnsnow77 said:

I think mods had their reasons to decline the implementation of the tipbot. I think they're right on the impact it could have on the meaningful discussions going on here. 

One thing could be to add a ''tip button'' on everybody's profile, given that they provide an ILP address or a Tipbot address. Cap it at 0.1 xrp to limit monetization and everyone would be happy I guess. 

Many (me included) already are comfortable sharing an xrp address or a Twitter handle on their XRPChat's profile so it would only make it simpler to tip people. 

This said, I emptied my tipbot balance yesterday because I'mma leave Twitter for some time and probably won't be the greatest tipper here. Just my opinion. 

Does it have to be a public tipping thing? Can it be written to privately tip? So the tip button is there, but the tip notice goes to the PM? 

I think that seems like the best of both worlds. Wouldn't change conversations here and people could tip if they wanted.

23 minutes ago, Loki said:

Does it have to be a public tipping thing? Can it be written to privately tip? So the tip button is there, but the tip notice goes to the PM? 

I think that seems like the best of both worlds. Wouldn't change conversations here and people could tip if they wanted.

What I would suggest is adding the button like it is here: https://www.xrptipbot.com/u:White_Wolf_XRP/n:twitter

It isn't public as you're sending XRP to the Tipbot from your Tipbot and Wietse's database does the work behind the curtain. 

Of course some information is disclosed but I don't think any of it as intrusive.