Sign in to follow this  
Hohenheim

Ripple announces Ripple for Good program

Well they are starting to be the most generous company in the world.... Dont really get it, it´s ok to help others, but I´d say they´ve already donated lots this year right? Does all those xrp get dumped in the market for instant usd? Don´t want to be anti popular but  imo they should have a social programme which includes xrp adoption, not only xrp donation....? It seems this Ripple for good programme goes in this direction... the donation in the tv show with aston kutcher was just kind of a joke...

Edited by Misil

similar, ie give 100M in grants to projects which use xrp and are created in poor areas, or similar.. this Ripple for good looks like something like that to be honest... I think I may have texted too fast... I´ve just heard so many news of Ripple charity this year...:)  

It is supergood they do this. Primary, secondly and beyond for people that need it way more than people who can afford to put money in crypto.

Besides this, it is good for Ripple’s image as well. The December bullrun came with articles about Larsons wealth as well. Giving a lot takes some sharp edges of of that. And as a new bull run might be in the cards, it is really good to first show your company is socially responsible as well.

1 hour ago, Misil said:

Well they are starting to be the most generous company in the world.... Dont really get it, it´s ok to help others, but I´d say they´ve already donated lots this year right? Does all those xrp get dumped in the market for instant usd? Don´t want to be anti popular but  imo they should have a social programme which includes xrp adoption, not only xrp donation....? It seems this Ripple for good programme goes in this direction... the donation in the tv show with aston kutcher was just kind of a joke...

Your concern for others is indeed touching.

on this kind of subject I recall Jed & Chris both have agreed (maybe less so with Jed ;) lol) to give a few bn of their zerps to charity. Is this effectively the same thing/where the money comes from or is it specific to Ripples holdings?

Being a little cynical here. Ripple gets to look good publicly donating money to to future users who need the aid (debatable (big ??????)), introduce the international groups who will use the product, introduce the population to the product, build loyalty from  a population, build liquidity in the nations ripple is targeting. High friction corridors. If there intent is on helping people great, all of us can do better. If there intentions are purely business oriented and the by-product is helping those in need, then good from a strategic business decision then ok then people got help as a by product. If it is a combination of both then so be it. From the standpoint of strategy in introducing international communities to the product that will help both international aid groups the serve while placing a good image on Ripple ok that is a good thing for all of us.