Sign in to follow this  
retryW

World's First Web-Monetized/Coil Enabled Codius Contract

2 hours ago, Pablo said:

Holy moly, this is unreal. 

@retryW - have you had any other devs reach out to you about this? 

Nah no devs have contacted me. In essence there's not a huge difference between the regular contract and the coil enabled one. But it is a cool showcase that even though you're paying someone to host your contract, you can have non-invasive ad-free monetization on the content to get back some of that cost  :)

21 hours ago, crazyazz said:

Wish I understood this , what does the contract do to get payments streamed from coil?  Sorry I have no idea 

So I made a tool that uploads a fully functioning contract to any codius host. This is so people can verify their setup is working correctly.

I've now modified that contract slightly so that it accepts Coil donations. This was actually super simple, as Coil provides you with a block of html code to add to your websites to monetize them. As my contract is just a webserver serving a website, I just pasted the code into the <head> block and was good to go. Just needed someone with a Coil subscription to test it was working (thanks WietseWind)

Thanks for the reply , I actually thought the running contract was a webserver with the code embedded. Cool. What other contract conditions can you implement that makes it advantageous to use codius in this manner?

45 minutes ago, crazyazz said:

Thanks for the reply , I actually thought the running contract was a webserver with the code embedded. Cool. What other contract conditions can you implement that makes it advantageous to use codius in this manner?

The possibilities are really endless, and people are still trying to discover what they are.

One of the main benefits would be the ability to have the contract/app natively accept funds, and also be able to send them. 

Sign in to follow this