Sign in to follow this  
xrpen

Real risk of losing your money

On 9/26/2018 at 7:15 PM, xrpen said:

Hi there! One simple consideration.. one guy has 100k to make an investment and decides to invest in XRP in this exact moment to make a 20-30% profit. Do you really think there is any chance that XRP can’t assure this kind of profit during the next few days/weeks/months?

I see that like a sure thing, maybe it’s my perception but I think it’s pretty impossible to not obtain something like that really easily, and we are talking about a profit that is nothing in the crypto word. Anyone has a different opinion?

one guy? is this one guy you? if someone has $100.000 to invest, id say its more likely he/she would make major profits with it, but only over the course of MANY years..and if they are willing to hold through ALL the ups and down.

why not start small first?

sounds fishy.

On 9/27/2018 at 9:03 PM, spondulix said:

It could take utility time to affect price and nobody has a clear idea of how much impact it will have, it could be that sheer speculation continues to be the main driver for a year or two. I would be very careful about assuming price increases in the short term. See galgitrons latest blog etc.

My thoughts also. It would be great to see a pump off the back of a utility announcement, however as a hodler, i see any announcement like this purely as a soild indication of reducing the risk profile of my long term investment.

Might not be able to put a number on it in terms of dollars and cents.....but for those in it for the long haul, any confirmed news on utility and xrapid adoption will be huge.....and just the beginning ?

Could XRP drop to zero next year? Absolutely.

Could XRP be worth hundreds of dollars next year? Absolutely.

We are at the earliest stages of the digitization of money. This will happen once in the history of the human race, barring catastrophic collapse. I'm not going to miss out.

If I look back at the earliest days of the internet, adults had absolutely no idea that this technology was about to change every aspect of their daily lives. But the kids knew without a doubt. Adults resisted when we wanted access to AOL. They thought it was a waste of time and money. Now it's an indispensable utility that people take for granted.

If I had some extra cash to invest at that time, I would have been buying up domain names left and right, or finding ecommerce companies to throw money at. Would I be guaranteed to make money? No. Could I be retired right now? Yes.

I didn't have the cash back then. As an adult with a job, I have a little bit in my bank account to lose. So I'm putting it on the thing that always seems to win out.

New technology.

***this is not financial advice i am a moron on the internet

Some excellent advice in here. The DA market is still highly speculative. Only ever invest what you can afford to lose. 

XRP has the best chances IMO in crossing over from speculative to utility demand. We are nearly there with xRapid about to go live and what looks like a few FI’s about to adopt it. 

Making money with XRP is always about the long term. HODL on and be patient.

That being said we are 10 months into a bear market so we are all feeling it. The bulls will return we will see ATH prices again.

Please invest with your eyes open knowing the risks. 

On 9/29/2018 at 5:24 AM, XRPto50dollars said:

one guy? is this one guy you? if someone has $100.000 to invest, id say its more likely he/she would make major profits with it, but only over the course of MANY years..and if they are willing to hold through ALL the ups and down.

why not start small first?

sounds fishy.

No it’s not me, I’m into ripple since 3 years and I don’t need to invest 100k. This post was intended to be a provocation to get some advices for everyone interested to invest a certain amount of money into XRP.

3 hours ago, xrpen said:

No it’s not me, I’m into ripple since 3 years and I don’t need to invest 100k. This post was intended to be a provocation to get some advices for everyone interested to invest a certain amount of money into XRP.

so, what you're telling us is that you made the entire thing up?

If you have $100k wanting a 30% return. You're better off investing $30k and cash in at 100% return, or lose a lot let less because of that damned black swan. No point investing in a risky asset without aiming much higher than traditional investments.

Sign in to follow this