Jump to content
lu_stgm96

TEMENOS CEO: "You'll see some new initiatives in the next couple of days."

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, ImTheRippler said:

Great video, the lady keeps interrupting the guy when he’s dropping juicy bits.

Trying to make an impression. Bad journalism. Bad craftsmanship /womanship I mean. Jornalists trying to stand out and shine in Media instead of getting the Real message out from the ones they are interviewing. Happens all the time and it really skcus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not familiar with a Ripple / Temenos connection other than the 2016 demo. 

Bear in mind that it's entirely possible that SWIFT has been working on something to compete with Ripple behind the scenes. We have no idea what they might have been up to. The Swift end-of-November announcement / systems upgrade could absolutely be 100% proprietary software, and not involving Ripple or XRP in any way, shape or form. 

In the video interview above, the Temenos CEO doesn't refer to XRP, but he does refer to the regulatory environment relating to cryptocurrency.  On that note, XRP has no clear ruling yet from the SEC - and until that happens I don't see how it's possible for XRP to be used in any way by banks or any other institution that might wish to use it. It will be very interesting to see whether Ripple announce that xRapid is going into live production mode at SWELL (as has been hinted at) because without that SEC ruling in place, this would presumably put them in very hot water.

Edited by JA8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JA8 said:

I'm not familiar with a Ripple / Temenos connection other than the 2016 demo. 

Bear in mind that it's entirely possible that SWIFT has been working on something to compete with Ripple behind the scenes. We have no idea what they might have been up to. The Swift end-of-November announcement / systems upgrade could absolutely be 100% proprietary software, and not involving Ripple or XRP in any way, shape or form. 

In the video interview above, the Temenos CEO doesn't refer to XRP, but he does refer to the regulatory environment relating to cryptocurrency.  On that note, XRP has no clear ruling yet from the SEC - and until that happens I don't see how it's possible for XRP to be used in any way by banks or any other institution that might wish to use it. It will be very interesting to see whether Ripple announce that xRapid is going into live production mode at SWELL (as has been hinted at) because without that SEC ruling in place, this would presumably put them in very hot water.

Maybe Ripple already has the Info that its not a Security? Maybe the sec will announce this info also to all of the swell guests behind closed doors? Just take a look on its Agenda ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't notice anyone from the SEC on their list of panellists / speakers. One of the first live production corridors is, according to David Schwartz, going to be USD/MXN. If the SEC hasn't decided yet whether XRP is a security, then pushing ahead with live production with banks seems premature... or dare I say impossible. I'm assuming SEC jurisdiction applies here since the corridor involves USD.

Edited by JA8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, JA8 said:

I didn't notice anyone from the SEC on their list of panellists / speakers. One of the first live production corridors is, according to David Schwartz, going to be USD/MXN. If the SEC hasn't decided yet whether XRP is a security, then pushing ahead with live production with banks seems premature... or dare I say impossible. I'm assuming SEC jurisdiction applies here since the corridor involves USD.

The SEC doesn't have jurisdiction over anything dealing with fiat currency. That's the realm of the Department of Treasury and the Federal Reserve.

Edited by TheXRPer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PG1 said:

@BANKXRP cleared this up. He did tip Temenos.  However, he sent a separate tip to the 4.6b account.

 

3 hours ago, Tinyaccount said:

Ah thank you for setting me straight....   Sorry everyone if I contributed to your heart rate rise.   :) 

 

 

Yes, and the way you can tell they aren't directly connected is tips on Twitter don't appear ON-ledger. They are done database side by the XRPtipbot. It's only when you Withdrawal from your XRPtipbot account that it does an ON-ledger transaction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, lu_stgm96 said:

I think IT IS xrapid because in the demo video it was a Cross-Border transaction and he said it settled in seconds. 

It's hard to tell if it is or not, but I'd bet on not. If you look at the tx on the ledger, it instructs to take CAD from acc A and deliver EUR to acc B. It also has a 0.00105 XRP fee. Alone, this tx is just a regular ILP powered XRPL transaction.

For this to be xRapid, the tx wouldn't be sending CAD into EUR. It'd send CAD to the exchange, the exchange would make a createOffer tx for CAD\XRP, that XRP would be sent to another exchange, where it'd do XRP\EUR, then that EUR would be sent to the final place.

Although I am still mind blown that people were demonstrating this to banks 2 years ago saying "you're gonna save a lot of time, and make a LOT of money".

 

I'm so ******* keen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, retryW said:

It's hard to tell if it is or not, but I'd bet on not. If you look at the tx on the ledger, it instructs to take CAD from acc A and deliver EUR to acc B. It also has a 0.00105 XRP fee. Alone, this tx is just a regular ILP powered XRPL transaction.

For this to be xRapid, the tx wouldn't be sending CAD into EUR. It'd send CAD to the exchange, the exchange would make a createOffer tx for CAD\XRP, that XRP would be sent to another exchange, where it'd do XRP\EUR, then that EUR would be sent to the final place.

Although I am still mind blown that people were demonstrating this to banks 2 years ago saying "you're gonna save a lot of time, and make a LOT of money".

 

I'm so ******* keen.

There was no such thing as xrapid when that video was made. Ripple invented xrapid specifically because those XRP tests (like the one in the video) were so successful that they needed a way to utilize XRP without opening up the user to the regulatory uncertainty which clouds the technology to this day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ImTheRippler said:

There was no such thing as xrapid when that video was made. Ripple invented xrapid specifically because those XRP tests (like the one in the video) were so successful that they needed a way to utilize XRP without opening up the user to the regulatory uncertainty which clouds the technology to this day.

That too. I knew that xRapid was only released in Beta in 2017, but assumed there could still have been some proof of concept / un-named equivalent of xRapid being tested back in 2016.

Edited by retryW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Prediction time; though there may be some insight from "a friend of a friend". Not trying to create FUD or FOMO. 

Temenos is a client of Ripple and has been working to implement for a while now. Once xrapid goes live, they will turn the key on to the banks they already service. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...